2019 Draft Prospect Database

thebandit27

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Figured this deserved its own thread for quick access.

If you want to watch game video of 2019 draft prospects, here's a database that keeps many of them in one place:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bu7VCs3ld5efCR3fDjj_vM09KjYbY_SBDkdJHRJPOew/edit#gid=0

Happy scouting.

Bandit, I’m curious to hear your initial thoughts on the 2019 offseason and the Bills? I don’t want to put you on the spot but your thoughts are valued. 

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bandit, I’m curious to hear your initial thoughts on the 2019 offseason and the Bills? I don’t want to put you on the spot but your thoughts are valued. 

No worries.  With the new baby I'm behind on my draft prep, but I'll get a lot of time over the holidays to catch up.

For the offseason, the fact that they only have 2-3 key guys to re-sign.  I think it's important to bring back LorAx since he can still start at LB and give you snaps as a situational pass rusher.  I'd also like to see Jordan Phillips brought back.

I'm hugely in favor of spending in FA to bring in at least 3 OLmen minimum of 2 starters and one quality backup.  I'd also like to see backup QB and starting CB opposite Tre in FA if possible.

My biggest concern is how they're going to get a WR1.  I like the WRs in this class, but I'm very wary of relying on a rookie WR to contribute immediately.  Maybe they can coax a guy like Golden Tate to come here, but I doubt they'll be an attractive enough FA destination to do that.  They might have to either swing a trade or hope that a guy like Tyrell Williams or Devin Funchess has untapped upside.

I'd probably list my FAs of interest as follows:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Golden Tate
Tyrell Williams
Mark Glowinski
Rodger Saffold
Quinton Spain
Trent Brown
Daryl Williams
Ja'Wuan James
J'Marcus Webb
Ty Nsekhe
Chris Clark
Steven Nelson

Ideally, I'd like to focus on strength in the top 10...either a pass rusher or CB, since that's where the elite prospects are this year.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

No worries.  With the new baby I'm behind on my draft prep, but I'll get a lot of time over the holidays to catch up.

For the offseason, the fact that they only have 2-3 key guys to re-sign.  I think it's important to bring back LorAx since he can still start at LB and give you snaps as a situational pass rusher.  I'd also like to see Jordan Phillips brought back.

I'm hugely in favor of spending in FA to bring in at least 3 OLmen minimum of 2 starters and one quality backup.  I'd also like to see backup QB and starting CB opposite Tre in FA if possible.

My biggest concern is how they're going to get a WR1.  I like the WRs in this class, but I'm very wary of relying on a rookie WR to contribute immediately.  Maybe they can coax a guy like Golden Tate to come here, but I doubt they'll be an attractive enough FA destination to do that.  They might have to either swing a trade or hope that a guy like Tyrell Williams or Devin Funchess has untapped upside.

I'd probably list my FAs of interest as follows:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Golden Tate
Tyrell Williams
Mark Glowinski
Rodger Saffold
Quinton Spain
Trent Brown
Daryl Williams
Ja'Wuan James
J'Marcus Webb
Ty Nsekhe
Chris Clark
Steven Nelson

Ideally, I'd like to focus on strength in the top 10...either a pass rusher or CB, since that's where the elite prospects are this year.

That’s not too far from where I am. Saffold, James and Tyrell Williams would be my ideal FA start. I’d be tempted to swing at Eiffert knowing that he is never healthy. I think all of that is relatively realistic. 

They need to let the draft come to them. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s not too far from where I am. Saffold, James and Tyrell Williams would be my ideal FA start. I’d be tempted to swing at Eiffert knowing that he is never healthy. I think all of that is relatively realistic. 

They need to let the draft raft come to them. 

Definitely...this is not the year to force drafting for need.  The offensive talent isn't there in the top 10, and I'd like to think that this group of evaluators isn't going to reach for need.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.