Vick, Dehlome or Carr

Charlie68

I was pumped about drafting Vick a few weeks ago (we had our draft before the 1st preseason game).

Now I keep reading how he is struggling with the WCO and his performance last week was not comforting.

Other QBs on roster are Delhome & Carr. Delhome had a good preaseason and plays on a good team. Carr had a decent preseason.

I really want to start Vick because he is capable of great numbers (my league reward running yards & TDs more than passing yrds & TDs.)

Im just afraid he could have one of those 80 yard passing days with no TDs , maybe a fumble.

Vick is @ SF

Delhome is home vs Green Bay monday night

Carr is home vs SD

Anyone been following the Falcons, Panthers or Texan camps?

I was pumped about drafting Vick a few weeks ago (we had our draft before the 1st preseason game).

Now I keep reading how he is struggling with the WCO and his performance last week was not comforting.

Other QBs on roster are Delhome & Carr.  Delhome had a good preaseason and plays on a good team.  Carr had a decent preseason.

I really want to start Vick because he is capable of great numbers (my league reward running yards & TDs  more than passing yrds & TDs.)

Im just afraid he could have one of those 80 yard passing days with no TDs , maybe a fumble.

Vick is @ SF

Delhome is home vs Green Bay monday night

Carr is home vs SD

Anyone been following the Falcons, Panthers or Texan camps?

21280[/snapback]

Vick has had a pretty awful preseason. It's thought that teams know how to defense his abilities and know that he won't beat them in the pocket. I'm not so sure I agree with that. I have Vick in a couple leagues I'm in and I intend to start him as long as he's healthy. Haven't really kept up on Delhomme or Carr to know how they fared this preseason.

I have Vick and Carr, and I am leaning Carr right now if only because:

-Carr is at home and also has a favorable matchup

-Vick hasn't shown anything this pre-season

-It's only one game, if Vick goes to San Francisco and produces we can rest easy with having invested a high pick in him, and set him as our QB and forget him until the bye week.

-It will be hard for Vick to blow Carr out of the water this week in terms of points. Thus, Carr may have slightly less upside, but Carr also has much less downside IMHO given Atlanta's apparent struggles.

JDG

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.