Rickey Williams news....

wwovince

Raiders won't trade for him, they signed Lamant Jordan a couple weeks ago to be the starter next season.

280951[/snapback]

That has to be one of the worst fa signings that I can ever remember. They paid him very well to, right?

That has to be one of the worst fa signings that I can ever remember.  They paid him very well to, right?

281125[/snapback]

i wouldnt consider it the worst...hes shwed flashes of greta potential in NYC...and yes they paid him 5 yrs 27 mil i believe...

personally if i was the jets, i woulda kept jordan and gotten rid of curtis...but then again, thats just me...

I liked Lamont Jordan, too, when he occasionally got into a game. But $5.4M per year for him??? Holy crap - that is seriously overpaying.

Then the not so bright Travis Henry sees this, and says "I'll have what he's having..."

Geez, you gotta be kiddin me, Travis!

I liked Lamont Jordan, too, when he occasionally got into a game. But $5.4M per year for him??? Holy crap - that is seriously overpaying.

Then the not so bright Travis Henry sees this, and says "I'll have what he's having..."

Geez, you gotta be kiddin me, Travis!

Why shouldn't Travis want what Jordan got, or even more? Jordan has proven nothing except that he can be a great backup. He hasn't rushed for more than 480 yards (!), scored more than 4 TD's, or caught more than 17 passes in a single season. As for fumbling, he fumbled 4 times in just 84 attempts back in 2002, which is FAR worse than Travis' average. Just about the ONLY real thing I can say he's better than Travis at is pass blocking, but that doesn't warrant being paid even the same as Travis. Still I hope Travis faces reality and realizes his best option is to allow for a trade somewhere where he can start (the defenseively lame-ass NFC West would have been perfect) to play-out his contract, and then hit UFA next year.

Because Henry signed a contract a couple of years ago and agreed to his current salary numbers...

But I'm old fashioned.

I'm not talking about his current Bills contract. I'm saying that Henry has every right to look at what Jordan got and expect the same, if not more, from a team interested in him, as contracts are usually redone upon completion of a trade. To put his stats compared to Jordan's into even more perspective, Jordan's CAREER stats of 1277 yards for 11 TD's aren't even better than TWO of Henry's years with the Bills, while Jordan's CAREER receptions of 50 are just 7 more than Henry's 43 in 2002. And again, Henry's worst year fumbling saw his average at once every 29.5 touches, versus once every 21 touches for Jordan. The Raiders seriously overpaid for Jordan and I'm willing to bet it bites them in the ass.

He quit Smoking up and is dropping suit for the millions owed against Phins and is thinking of coming back. He told this to Saban LMAO  What a complete moron.

280947[/snapback]

I have a feeling the he can still play, if he really was committed to it - and smart enough to be...