Jason Peters

I understand the Bills brain-trust being so enamored with Jason Peter's freakish athletic ability, but why move him around to all these positions?

The Bills are not exactly loaded at Tight End. Why not use that freakish athletic ability to create miss matches in a position that can GET YARDS AND SCORE POINTS?

Hell, he played tight end for 4 years at a fairly big football school. That's his natural position.

Why try to mold him to what is arguably the most difficult position in football, the left tackle?

I want to see the big man dance in the endzone! And maybe mow over some Dolphin DBs on his way i

I don't know why everybody keeps underestimating his ability to play tackle without seeing him in action. Ok he had substandard wonderlic scores and everybody assumes he is a moron and stupid. With his athletic ability for his size he might be a player for years to come at either tackle position. Think about it he is just a big kid who is naturally 320+. For those who want him at TE forget that. Why would you want a prospect who could be an average TE but have all the credentials to make a great LT. I'm not saying that he will be great or even good but let's give the guy a look before we make judgement. He is probably a better prospect than one we'd get in the 2nd round of this weak draft.

Two words: tackle eligible!

277666[/snapback]

That was my first thought. With that footwork, size and being so freakishly strong, I can see why he may be more valuable as a LT prospect. He can still catch the ball down by the goal line. An interesting project, to say the least.

I understand the Bills brain-trust being so enamored with Jason Peter's freakish athletic ability, but why move him around to all these positions?

The Bills are not exactly loaded at Tight End. Why not use that freakish athletic ability to create miss matches in a position that can GET YARDS AND SCORE POINTS?

Hell, he played tight end for 4 years at a fairly big football school. That's his natural position.

Why try to mold him to what is arguably the most difficult position in football,  the left tackle?

I want to see the big man dance in the endzone! And maybe mow over some Dolphin DBs on his way i

277651[/snapback]

6'6" Tight Ends with decent hands and 4.9 speed are a dime a dozen. Quality tackles are not.

6'6" Tight Ends with decent hands and 4.9 speed are a dime a dozen. Quality tackles are not.

277721[/snapback]

And 330lbs.?? Not hardly, This guy would make a whale of a target and maul defenses. I agree to let this man compete for a starting TE job. Not to mention running plays to his side...

If as TD claims Campbell and Euhus are on track to be healthy for training camp, the Bills are not at all thin at TE. They may nto have the dominating player you think they ought to have, but they have some quality and depth. On the other hand, they have no proven starter at OT, not much left out there in free agency, and no realistic prospects of picking up an immediate starter in the draft. They have to pin their hopes at left tackle on numbers, and the assumption that with McNally's coaching someone will step up and grab the LT spot by the horns. It makes perfect sense to keep Peters at OT.

Some experts will tell you that TE is the most intellectually challenging position on the field in football. One has to be able to read defensive schemes to determine block and release options, find gaps in defensive zones, run block, pass block, catch, run routes, and do hot reads based on blitzes.

Why try to mold him to what is arguably the most difficult position in football,  the left tackle?

277651[/snapback]

I liked the idea too but with the Neufeld signing and Campbell and Euhus predicted as ready for camp I think that experiment is now highly unlikely.