LA Times Lacrosse Article

ACor58

And here is the email that I sent him...

This might be the most opinionated, idiotic piece of propaganda that I have ever read. Do you know anything about the game? Have you any idea of its historical significance? Have you ever been exposed to a game prior to the first four? I find it hard to believe that you are such an expert on the sport after seeing just two games. It seems to me that you have more problems with the weather, the traffic, and anything from the east coast rather than a game. Who proof reads this crap before it makes the paper? Then again, I guess that if you were any good you'd be writing for the LA Times and not "The Daily News". By the way, does your paper require a subscription or do they give it away for free at gas stations and laundromats?

Wow this guy really hates lacrosse. Perhaps:

A. A lacrosse player stole his wife or girlfriend

B. He got cut from his lax team as a youth

C. His kids make him play goaling without a mask

D. He's really a bitter soccer fan that is upset his sport isn't recognized as one of the best in the US.

And here is the email that I sent him...

This might be the most opinionated, idiotic piece of propaganda that I have ever read. Do you know anything about the game? Have you any idea of its historical significance? Have you ever been exposed to a game prior to the first four? I find it hard to believe that you are such an expert on the sport after seeing just two games. It seems to me that you have more problems with the weather, the traffic, and anything from the east coast rather than a game. Who proof reads this crap before it makes the paper? Then again, I guess that if you were any good you'd be writing for the LA Times and not "The Daily News". By the way, does your paper require a subscription or do they give it away for free at gas stations and laundromats?

277343[/snapback]

I think it's published on the back of the renter's guide :w00t::w00t:

I am a syracuse grad and I watched almost all their home lacrosse games when I was there. Casey Powell played against my high school and I watched him dominate at syracuse.

Lacrosse is one of the greatest live sports to watch. The speed is incredible. You should hear some of the stories about Jim Brown when he played lacrosse for Syracuse. HE forced them to change the rules!

The man has little real knowledge of the game. Sorry, as great as Jim Brown may have been, the greatest lax player of the 20th century was probably Jim Thorpe. Yeah, the same Jim Thorpe that put the NFL on the map. Seems as though he had time to do both, maybe Jim Brown wasn't quite as good as advertized (just giving him a hard time).

This writer is probably someone who wants co-ed football, with no tackling.

Lax is poised to take hockey's place, if the NHL can't get its act together. They have been poised for a couple of years, and they are beginning to get the notariety to make it happen. I was personally hoping that it was the NBA that tanked due to labor disputes and stupid, hooligan players, but the NHL may do it first. We'll see. Here's to hoping that there is room for a fifth major sport, trusting that hockey makes it back. That is, unless the NBA would like to back out of the national spotlight and keep it at four major sports ...