Love Reading the WNY Papers Online

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe assigning a probation officer to someone with unpaid parking tickets is part of the problem?

279199[/snapback]

As far as I know such a position doesn't exist and probably never has.

The sentiment expressed in the News article goes to the very core of some of the important services we've come to expect that we will be losing out on.

Another one announced yesterday is there will be a group of three roving nurses now serving all the public schools in the city of Buffalo due to "budget restraints".

Can you imagine; "I accidently cut my arm of with this band saw Mr. Jones can I go see the nurse"

"Sure Joey, she should be driving up Elmwood on her way from McKinley in the next half hour."

Can you imagine; "I accidently cut my arm of with this band saw Mr. Jones can I go see the nurse"

"Sure Joey, she should be driving up Elmwood on her way from McKinley in the next half hour."

279245[/snapback]

...because calling 911 is too difficult? :doh:

As far as I know such a position doesn't exist and probably never has.

279245[/snapback]

You're the one who implied that probation officers went after unpaid parking tickets.

The sentiment expressed in the News article goes to the very core of some of the important services we've come to expect that we will be losing out on.

Another one announced yesterday is there will be a group of three roving nurses now serving all the public schools in the city of Buffalo due to "budget restraints".

279245[/snapback]

Only an idiot would send an amputated arm case to the school nurse instead of calling 911 for an ambulance or even rushing the person to the hospital themselves.

C'mon Ken, it's the children we're talking about.  :doh:

279254[/snapback]

Sorry. I forgot. "Think of the children. Raise taxes so our children do not get their arms chopped off by a bandsaw and bleed to death while waiting for a nurse because people are incapable of dialing 911 in an emergency."

Now, if we had more probation officers going after people with unpaid parking tickets, then we will be OK.

You're the one who implied that probation officers went after unpaid parking tickets.

Only an idiot would send an amputated arm case to the school nurse instead of calling 911 for an ambulance or even rushing the person to the hospital themselves.

279251[/snapback]

And I guess gallows humor still flies over heads to this day.