How much practice can Allen get before Training Camp opens up?

37 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I understand he's not supposed to be working with Bills coaches, but I would be absolutely floored if this staff didn't have a complete offseason QB manuel for him to take home, with a set routine to work on fundamentals daily.   All the have to do is put the word If in front of everything so it looks like a suggestion.   If you wanted to work on your mechanics a good drill to do daily would be this, or if you wanted to improve your footwork, here is a thing you can do. 

Allen has to do the work himself, he has to want to be better.   All the coaches can do is advise and critique.  

I would hope that this is the case. They might not have had a lot from after the draft to now, maybe they just gave him the playbook and told him to dive into that. After this weekend's rookie mini-camp though, I'd like to think they're going to give him a bunch of stuff to work on between team activities. 

If I was Zay, Reilly, Proehl, or any of the other young WR's, I'd be running routes for Allen everyday. That'd help Allen get used to more talented WR's and the receivers used to catching his fastballs. 

In regards to his will to be better, it sounds like he's got that in spades. I can't imagine a better background instilling a strong work ethic in somebody, but at the same time, he seems to love football and want to be great. The proof is in the pudding, but that aspect sounds promising. 

• Like (+1) 1