So why was Leonard Johnson not resigned?

5 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Teams are using slot receivers a lot more and the Patriots definitely use them.  Slot corners are really important in today's game.

Of course, as are RTs.

McD likes disguising secondary. Having flex players who can play corner safety etc allows for that to work best.
do not have to sub and give the Offense  a Tell as much.

Because Bills do run a four three you need 4 corners and four safeties worth a darn. and ST depth who can step in on D as well

Edited by 3rdand12

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Of course, as are RTs.

McD likes disguising secondary. Having flex players who can play corner safety etc allows for that to work best.
do not have to sub and give the Offense  a Tell as much.

Because Bills do run a four three you need 4 corners and four safeties worth a darn. and ST depth who can step in on D as well

They brought in Newhouse, him and a few others will manage the RT position for this year.  They will get to the offense next year, this wasn't a very good draft in terms of offensive talent coming out.  Next year has a better tackle class in my opinion.  Hopefully there will be more wide receivers as well.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

They brought in Newhouse, him and a few others will manage the RT position for this year.  They will get to the offense next year, this wasn't a very good draft in terms of offensive talent coming out.  Next year has a better tackle class in my opinion.  Hopefully there will be more wide receivers as well.

Good points.
 Next year is FA heaven Bills will be filthy  rich and be forced to spend to the cap. LOL.

Drafting a Starting guard or tackle next season would be do able. But Bills could perhaps get a plug and play O lineman in FA as well.

Next year's offseason looks even more exciting to me !

30 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Good points.
 Next year is FA heaven Bills will be filthy  rich and be forced to spend to the cap. LOL.

Drafting a Starting guard or tackle next season would be do able. But Bills could perhaps get a plug and play O lineman in FA as well.

Next year's offseason looks even more exciting to me !

I think the excitement will only progress as this team draws closer to being a very solid contender.  If Allen works out, this team isn't that far away considering our cap space and draft picks next year.  

I am very pleased with the job they've done fixing up the front 7 on defense.  Hoping it goes from weakness to a potential strength this year as the secondary did last year.  It certainly has a lot of potential. 

They still have plenty of opportunities to grab more players and make trades.  Am very interested to see if they attempt to bring in offensive help since Beane stated that he intended to pick some offense for Dabol but he went by who was best on his board.  

• Like (+1) 1