THE FALLACY OF DRAFT BUST HISTORY or TRADE UP DUH!

theRalph

Could be like the 2014 draft where the only 2 QB's that ended up being worth a damn came later..Carr at 36 and Garopopolo at 62.. and we will see about McCarron who was taken at 160 something. The 4 or 5 taken higher were complete or partial failures.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:17 PM, Buffalo Ballin said:

No. I'm not ignoring history IF I'm thinking about giving up all of those picks for an unknown player. There is nothing wrong to base my draft plan around a QB, but not when I'm trading all of that crap away. That's just stupid.  The Eagles didn't give up a lot to get Wentz from the Browns. Eagles were already stacked. However, Wentz is still a question mark because he did not lead the Eagles to the Superbowl. It was Nick Foles.

We do not have a top 10 pick to trade with the Giants. That's another reason why the trade is not happening. It's laughable that many of you are panicking and claiming that Beane HAS to trade up into the top 5. He does not HAVE to do anything because he doesn't have enough to trade into the Top 5. The dream scenarios are stupid at this point. Let the QB land naturally at number 12 (or 22) and move the eff on. 

It's gonna be Lamar Jackson.

The Eagles sent #8 overall, a 3rd round pick, a 4th round pick, a 1st round pick 2017 and a 2nd round pick in 2018 to the Browns.

Additionally to get to #8 overall from #13 the Eagles traded Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso.

How is that much different than the suggested cost to the Bills of: #12 overall, #22 overall, a 2nd, 3rd, and next years 1st?

Additionally to get to #12 overall from #21 the Bills traded Cordy Glenn

The Bills would have to pay slightly more because of the damn Jets but the Eagles paid their own ransom.

Edit: I just re-read the last paragraph. Doesn't have enough? What?:lol:

Edited by What a Tuel

17 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

The Eagles sent #8 overall, a 3rd round pick, a 4th round pick, a 1st round pick 2017 and a 2nd round pick in 2018 to the Browns.

Additionally to get to #8 overall from #13 the Eagles traded Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso.

How is that much different than the suggested cost to the Bills of: #12 overall, #22 overall, a 2nd, 3rd, and next years 1st?

Additionally to get to #12 overall from #21 the Bills traded Cordy Glenn

The Bills would have to pay slightly more because of the damn Jets but the Eagles paid their own ransom.

Edit: I just re-read the last paragraph. Doesn't have enough? What?:lol:

Wow, really?  You serious? You wrote about draft picks earlier in your post then when I wrote, "He doesn't have enough to trade into the Top 5." You don't understand that?

Good God Almighty. He doesn't have enough draft picks to trade into the Top 5. Holy hell. You couldn't determine that on your own? You re-read it and still didn't understand.

I still think the Eagles didn't give up much. Kiko Alonso is useless and broken down. He's trade fodder. Byron Maxwell is nothing, too.

#12 overall, #22 overall, a 2nd, 3rd, and next years 1st - Useless to the Giants because we do not have a 2018 top 10 pick to trade for their number 2. The rest of our picks do not matter. If I was the Giants, I hang up the phone.

On a side note, I would never have "Tuel" anywhere in my online tag.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin