Did anyone sign Ike Hilliard yet

RVJ

I thought he was in his 30's. But he is only 28. why did the Giants cut him ?

Anyways here's what Accorsi says:

I think anyone who has been in the National Football League as long as I have has an unofficial list in his mind of his all-time favorite players. Ike Hilliard is near the top of mine," Accorsi said. "(He is) a pure professional, clutch player, warrior and extraordinary person. I don't think I have ever admired any player I've been around more than Ike."

Hillaird:

"I'll either resurface somewhere or if no one wants me to play ball for them, my life will go on," the 28-year-old Hilliard said. "But I'm looking forward to staying in shape and playing some more good football."

I think anyone who has been in the National Football League as long as I have has an unofficial list in his mind of his all-time favorite players. Ike Hilliard is near the top of mine," Accorsi said. "(He is) a pure professional, clutch player, warrior and extraordinary person. I don't think I have ever admired any player I've been around more than Ike."

Hillaird:

"I'll either resurface somewhere or if no one wants me to play ball for them, my life will go on," the 28-year-old Hilliard said. "But I'm looking forward to staying in shape and playing some more good football."

272258[/snapback]

Mar 4 After failing to come to terms on a restructured contract, Hilliard has been released by the New York Giants. The eight-year veteran receiver, who was the seventh overall pick in the 1997 NFL Draft, was scheduled to earn $1.5 million in 2005, and also was slated to receive a $750,000 roster bonus later this month. He finished the 2004 campaign with 49 catches for 437 yards in 16 games, but failed to find the end zone.

From his Yahoo! page in the News & Notes section.

Hillaird:

272258[/snapback]

I think he was a classic example of a decent/good player on a average team. Hilliard would do well here and I like his possession type WR attitude for our #3 spot. If he were on say, the Eagles he may have been a Mohammed type, not a Steve Smith but when a stud like Smith went down he would rise to the occasion.

I wouldnt mind if we got him, I think Id rather draft a guy though.

I think he was a classic example of a decent/good player on a average team. Hilliard would do well here and I like his possession type WR attitude for our #3 spot. If he were on say, the Eagles he may have been a Mohammed type, not a Steve Smith but when a stud like Smith went down he would rise to the occasion.

I wouldnt mind if we got him, I think Id rather draft a guy though.

272356[/snapback]

In other words he'd be perfect for the Patriots.

What team does Mr. Hillaird play for?

272472[/snapback]

NY Giants

The release of Hilliard came after the eight-year veteran refused to take a big pay cut, agent Neal Schwartz said. The seventh pick overall in the 1997 draft, Hilliard was scheduled to make $1.5 million next season along with a $750,000 roster bonus to be paid on March 15.

Schwartz said three teams have expressed an interest in signing the 28-year-old Hilliard, who 4,630 receiving yards are seventh in club history.

NY Giants

The release of Hilliard came after the eight-year veteran refused to take a big pay cut, agent Neal Schwartz said. The seventh pick overall in the 1997 draft, Hilliard was scheduled to make $1.5 million next season along with a $750,000 roster bonus to be paid on March 15.

Schwartz said three teams have expressed an interest in signing the 28-year-old Hilliard, who 4,630 receiving yards are seventh in club history.

272500[/snapback]

So, which team does Mr.

Hillaird

272258[/snapback]

play for?