The UAW is all about class

I can't imagine buying American. I owned a 1986 Caprice Classic, once upon a time, and it was actually pretty awesome (paid 250$ for it!). But that was a sole good American car experience amidst disasters.

I'm all for Japanese cars. Had a few German, but I think the Japanese ride and finish is superior, as is the gas mileage.

Right now, my wife drives the crazy mail wagon Honda Element, and I have to admit, it's a pretty damn fun car to drive. Has a direct line input for MP3/Satellite. Back seats can fold up agaiunst the sidewalls for more cargo room. The way the doors open is fantastic for loading in kids. And, a big deal for me, there's loads of headroom. Downside: road noise.

I never drive, but when I do "my" car is a 1994 Accord, which at the rate I'm putting miles on it (2K/year), will last forever. Next car will probably be an Acura, to avoid the road noise issue... or maybe a Lexus (low end). Even interested in checking out a Prius, although I don't want to draw a crowd of PETA people every time I park.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't believe in making as much money as you can?

275364[/snapback]

Of course I do, but I believe that only those that WORK for it deserve it.

Someone shouldn't make $45 an hour for tightening a bolt over and over again.

it just doesn't make economic sense.

Yet Another Update

Facing intense criticism, UAW President Ron Gettelfinger reversed his decision to ban Marine Corps reservists driving foreign cars or displaying pro-President Bush bumper stickers from parking at the union's Solidarity House headquarters in Detroit.

"I made the wrong call on the parking issue, and I have notified the Marine Corps that all reservists are welcome to park at Solidarity House as they have for the past 10 years," Gettelfinger said in a statement.

Wounded by what they consider an unpatriotic ambush, the Marines rejected the union's olive branch and secured an alternative parking lot.

"I talked to Ron; I let him know that I understand he has rescinded his decision," said Lt. Col. Joe Rutledge, a top-ranking officer at the reserve infantry rifle battalion. "However, I've made my decision -- either you support the Marines or you don't."

Good for the Marines.

As for the UAW, as Dave Chapelle/Prince would say: "......Bitches."

SWEET!

That's funny as hell, that skit--better than Rick James.

276408[/snapback]

UAW: "Well, it was a good game."

Marines: "I wish we could say the same. You guys want some grapes? .....Bitches."

EDIT: My favorite Chappelle skit is still President Black Bush - "I'm tryin' to focus on SPACE!! 'Cuz I ain't stoppin' at the moon! Write this down: M-A-R-S, Mars, bitches! We goin' ta space, United States of Space!!!"

UAW: "Well, it was a good game."

Marines: "I wish we could say the same.  You guys want some grapes?  .....Bitches."

EDIT:  My favorite Chappelle skit is still President Black Bush - "I'm tryin' to focus on SPACE!!  'Cuz I ain't stoppin' at the moon!  Write this down: M-A-R-S, Mars, bitches!  We goin' ta space, United States of Space!!!"

276435[/snapback]

"So he beat you in basketball, then what happened?"

"he took us inside and made us pancakes."

Nice. Good for the Marines.

276411[/snapback]

I do expect a rash of incidents to occur to some of the UAW "American" cars in that lot over the next few months.

Marines can be a spiteful bunch, who happened to be trained for covert opns. ;)

I do expect a rash of incidents to occur to some of the UAW "American" cars in that lot over the next few months. 

Marines can be a spiteful bunch, who happened to be trained for covert opns.  :w00t:

277198[/snapback]

I wouldn't support that tactic. They obviously won the PR battle and there is no need to sink to the embarrassingly low level of the UAW.