Edgerrin James to the Dolphins

If Edge goes to Miami and they land a half decent qb like Garcia.  You'd have to consider them contenders for the division.

268954[/snapback]

Dude, I may be a Dolfan, but come on, Garcia is nothing more than dead weight, last year in Cleveland showed it. I truly think he's done, but Edge still has years left in him.

Don't forget the revenge factor. Edge isnt happy in Indy, he wants to be in Miami. I can think of one oother star athlete who wasnt happy in their home, and came to Miami, and made an immediate impact. Thanks Kobe for sending Shaq our way!

I say the Fins get Edge, and still draft a RB with #1.

IIRC, the Buc's have the 5th overall pick, plus those ones you mentioned. Though they're only about 1 Million under the cap right now. Maybe cutting Pittman and Garner would help, but.........the money EJ wants would kill most teams near the cap. He wants more money than Portis got from Wash.

Its going to be tough to deal him. My thought is, he stays in Indy for just one more year.

269321[/snapback]

You are making sense. Scram. :o

Yeah, we'll stuff him. . .  like we said we'd stuff Ricky Williams before he ripped us for 200 plus yards. . .

268947[/snapback]

As I recall, he ran for 200 yards, BUT WE STILL WON -- THAT IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT.

Garcia is not going to Miami ...... the Fins are chasing Gus

269379[/snapback]

Gus as a backup only. If he ever starts for reasons other than injury, shoot me. I'll be the first guy at the stadium with a large bulzeye sign hanging on the stadium walls.

Gus as a backup only. If he ever starts for reasons other than injury, shoot me. I'll be the first guy at the stadium with a large bulzeye sign hanging on the stadium walls.

269381[/snapback]

I am honestly asking you this. DO you think that Feeley is the future of the phins?

I am honestly asking you this. DO you think that Feeley is the future of the phins?

269388[/snapback]

Nope. But I know Gus isn't the answer either. Think the fins take a QB with their pick if they get Edge?

Here's hoping those aren't JPs numbers come mid-October.

269469[/snapback]

My secret fear is Akili Smith, part 2. Although if there is a possible defense of Akili, he was absolutely thrown to the wolves. Coslet wanted to take Ditka up on his generous offer for the shot at Ricky Williams, but owner Brown insisted on Smith. Akili got the last laugh, walking away with bucketfuls of Mikies' money.

Smith was a bust at qb, but he was a darn good athelete (some folks here thought he's be a good wr) and was tough as nails.

Hmm, could be a possibility. Here is an update from kffl.

Colts | Interested in Acquiring Surtain? - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:07:19 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Indianapolis Colts are looking to bolster their secondary this offseason and like Miami Dolphins CB Patrick Surtain, who is currently on the trading block.

That's a trade I could see happening if the Fins throw in a draft pick.

Personally, I hope they do sign James; I think he's over the hill now and definately on the downside to his career.  We can stuff him.

CW

268941[/snapback]

Over the hill? Didn't he just put up 1500-1600 yards . . . and he only got one carry week 17 at Denver. He could have won the rushing title had they needed to win that game. . . anyway you slice it, he's a huge upgrade over Sammy Morris and the other stiffs currently there.

Hmm, could be a possibility.  Here is an update from kffl.

Colts | Interested in Acquiring Surtain? - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:07:19 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Indianapolis Colts are looking to bolster their secondary this offseason and like Miami Dolphins CB Patrick Surtain, who is currently on the trading block.

That's a trade I could see happening if the Fins throw in a draft pick.

269709[/snapback]

From what I'm understanding, if the Colts are willing to take less than a 1st rounder, I think this trade gets done straight up, player for player.