Nate Clements...

R. Rich

How? Are you going to frachise him and try to trade him? Even the transitional tag will be a big cap hit if he signs. That maneuver TD pulled with Peerless was brilliant and only worked because Atlanta played their hand too early.

If Nate is just interested in bucks, he'll walk. If he wants to play in Buffalo, he'll get a very reasonable deal from TD but probably not as much as another team would be willing to throw at him.

RTB

268756[/snapback]

Yes you tag him. You then have more time to try to sign him. If you can't sign him you can trade him for sure. I guarantee you there would be a number of teams to trade with.

He's already gone in my book.

268494[/snapback]

Agreed

The answer is in the draft. If we draft a corner early 2nd or 3rd or if we take a safety early. Vincent can still play either. I think it shows we are in the process of interchangeable parts ( the offensive line in FA is collecting multi-position players). Only we agonize over next years FA coming and goings. Nate is good, very good but not like Willis or Evans or Takeo. Add, hopefully, JP to that list. That is four which in my opinion is all the superstars one team can accomodate given the NFL cap