Wow! Tice targeted in scalping probe...

Again, go read my post about what the tickets are worth. If ANYONE gets a SB ticket for $500, they got a STEAL. Just because that is what is written on the face, doesn't mean that is what they are "worth". They are obviously worth closer to $1700, as the place was sold out, and the tickets were selling that much.

Let's put it this way:

If Ford started selling its new Mustangs for $1,000, but only had VERY VERY few, and someone bought them quickly and decided to sell them for $17,000 does that mean they are "worth $1,000"? No. They are worth whatever someone will pay for them.

If there was such a huge demand for SB tickets, the average joe could go. But, everyone loves football. Thus, tickets will sell for $1700.

268106[/snapback]

And even if you bought a ticket for $500 and it is going for $2000 you are still in effect spending $2000 because you are forgoing the $2000 you could have by selling the ticket by keeping it and going to the game.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And even if you bought a ticket for $500 and it is going for $2000 you are still in effect spending $2000 because you are forgoing the $2000 you could have by selling the ticket by keeping it and going to the game.

268109[/snapback]

exactly. The depreciation of an event ticket is about as high as any single item you could ever buy.

I'm not looking to start a p i s s i n g contest,but I DO feel very strongly about scalpers.I don't like ticket scalpers,and I will NEVER deal with them.-even it it means missing an event that I really want to see.

I also think that ethics needs to be intertwined with commerce in a free marketplace.

The NFL charging $500.00 for a Superbowl ticket might not be scalping,but it IS gouging. Personally,I'll stay home and watch the game,or go to a sports bar should the Bills make the big dance again.I'd rather buy a 60" Plasma HDTV rather than spend several thousand dollars on a package to see a friggin'football game.Actually,It would be great to actually be in Buffalo with the locals watching the Bills finally winning the Lombardi trophy......

268142[/snapback]

How is $500 price gouging? The demand is unreal. I bet 1/10th of american adults would buy a ticket to the Super Bowl if they were $50.

I pay about $43 for each of my Bills tickets.It's *just* a game.

The NFL can take the crap that comes with the Superbowl ticket(seat cushion,half time show,etc.) and shove it. I'd rather spend $500.00 on something meaningful.

But hey,that's just me.....

268172[/snapback]

I just want to be clear. Buffalobart and Bart in ND are two different people?

I pay about $43 for each of my Bills tickets.It's *just* a game.

The NFL can take the crap that comes with the Superbowl ticket(seat cushion,half time show,etc.) and shove it. I'd rather spend $500.00 on something meaningful.

But hey,that's just me.....

268172[/snapback]

I hear ya. I wouldn't pay 500 bucks to see anybody, let alone a bunch of millionaires who work part-time.