The budget cuts

UHSLA

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, what noone has adequately explained yet, is that the bulk of the Erie County budget is eaten alive by Federal and State madated programs that we CAN'T cut (see Medicaid).

If we could enact meaningful Medicaid reform in NYS, then there would be plenty more money available for the other services and we wouldn't be fighting amongst each other regarding cuts (although some truly are necessary).

The state of Virginia just enacted meaningful medicaid reform enacting (among other things) a residency requirement, co-pays, and limits. Do you realize that someone, anyone can simply cross the NYS state line, rent an apartment, file for Medicaid and be entitled to better health care than 95% of the people on this board?

I have my company's medical insurance and my wife's. I can see the dentist twice a year for rountine checkups, under medicaid, they can go 6x's. I can see the eye doctor once. Under medicaid they can go 4x's. See the point here.

I'm not for denying health care, but damn, at least be a NYS resident for 3 years. Cause NYS's liberal medicare policy and failure to enact meaningful reforms is costing 1200 NYS workers their jobs in Erie County.

Next time you go to a game go to Southwestern & California.  Check out the 2 sitting in their car at that corner sucking down coffee.  They never move out of the car

269563[/snapback]

Well, you know where to find them when you need them, right? What would you rather have them do? Stroll through the crowd busting some guy for smoking a joint or some girls for flashing their boobs? They are there for your safety, not to eff up your fun

Also, what noone has adequately explained yet, is that the bulk of the Erie County budget is eaten alive by Federal and State madated programs that we CAN'T cut (see Medicaid). 

If we could enact meaningful Medicaid reform in NYS, then there would be plenty more money available for the other services and we wouldn't be fighting amongst each other regarding cuts (although some truly are necessary). 

The state of Virginia just enacted meaningful medicaid reform enacting (among other things) a residency requirement, co-pays, and limits.  Do you realize that someone, anyone can simply cross the NYS state line, rent an apartment, file for Medicaid and be entitled to better health care than 95% of the people on this board? 

I have my company's medical insurance and my wife's.  I can see the dentist twice a year for rountine checkups, under medicaid, they can go 6x's.  I can see the eye doctor once.  Under medicaid they can go 4x's.  See the point here.

I'm not for denying health care, but damn, at least be a NYS resident for 3 years.  Cause NYS's liberal medicare policy and failure to enact meaningful reforms is costing 1200 NYS workers their jobs in Erie County.

269999[/snapback]

if the welfare and entitlement programs in NY are cut back, how are the Democrats going to be able to buy enough votes to stay in office?

Little chance of change at the state level or Fed level when NY is represented by a hack Arkansas attonery.

Little chance of change at the state level or Fed level when NY is represented by a hack Arkansas attonery.

Actually, a group of NYS County Execs from around the State have been going county-to-county saying what happened in Erie will happen to the rest of the counties in the state if changes are not made. They are lobbying for changes and will now go to Albany.

Also, Schumer unveiled a plan to change the mandates on a Federal level. It will take a little while tho. For a dem, he ain't half bad.