Josh Gordon: Worth the Risk?

thenorthremembers

I picked up Josh Gordon in both of my leagues awhile back as a late season store.   I've generally been using Rishard Mattews as my flex, but with him being out I've had to use Kenny Stills.

The question that is haunting me this week is this, if Matthews is out again this week do I dare start Gordon over Stills?

I've already locked up a playoff spot, but in this particular league a win would guarantee me a 1st round bye.  Wondering if anyone here would take the risk?

Edited by thenorthremembers

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I picked up Josh Gordon in both of my leagues awhile back as a late season store.   I've generally been using Rishard Mattews as my flex, but with him being out I've had to use Kenny Stills.

The question that is haunting me this week is this, if Matthews is out again this week do I dare start Gordon over Stills?

I've already locked up a playoff spot, but in this particular league a win would guarantee me a 1st round buy.  Wondering if anyone here would take the risk?

He was drafted in all 4 of my leagues by someone, and he is now starting this week. I think he'll be decent right out the gate. The guy was playing high and drunk all the while still whooping ass. 

I am not one who believes in Gordon. At least not initially. The guy hasn't played a meaningful snap since 2014 so I expect he will have to knock the proverbial rust off. 

It also doesn't help he is up against a top 6 pass defense (DVOA) and some excellent corners (Verrett/Heyward/Flowers) on the road. 

Your decision but I would start Matthews. 

On 11/30/2017 at 2:57 PM, Captain Murica said:

He was drafted in all 4 of my leagues by someone, and he is now starting this week. I think he'll be decent right out the gate. The guy was playing high and drunk all the while still whooping ass. 

Worked out pretty well. Had a serious amount of targets and came away with close to 13 points.   Kinda tough Still had a huge day with over twenty points but still won my game.

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Worked out pretty well. Had a serious amount of targets and came away with close to 13 points.   Kinda tough Still had a huge day with over twenty points but still won my game.

Yup, my buddy has him in our big money league. I kept telling him to put Gordon in his flex, he decided otherwise and went with Ekeler instead. He regrets the decision and the result :lol: 

On 12/4/2017 at 4:44 PM, Captain Murica said:

Yup, my buddy has him in our big money league. I kept telling him to put Gordon in his flex, he decided otherwise and went with Ekeler instead. He regrets the decision and the result :lol: 

He was a good start last week.  Have the same dilemma this week, 2nd place overall and no bye in our league.  I think Ill let it roll.

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

He was a good start last week.  Have the same dilemma this week, 2nd place overall and no bye in our league.  I think Ill let it roll.

Yeah, he finished in the 5th seed, our 10 man league has a weird set-up when it comes to the play-off brackets. The top 3 seeds all get a bye this week. I finished third, would've finished 1st if Wentz didn't throw that last INT. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.