I can't believe the classless yankee fans calling

Tom

Guest Steinbrenner

Great take from Bill Simmons aka the Sports Guy (who makes no bones about the fact that he is Red Sox-biased all the way). This was in one of his columns on ESPN.com last week...

"The mystifying thing about Yankee fans? Their improbable sense of superiority, as if they're better people because they root for a baseball team only because A.) they grew up within two hours of Yankee Stadium; B.) they jumped on the bandwagon as a kid because they wanted to be associated with a winner; or C.) they have no soul."

So resident Yankee fans, which category do you fall into??

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you do hear things bout those red bums.

LONG HAIRED FREAKY STREET THUGS LOOKING FOR  FIST FIGHT. :flirt:

20378[/snapback]

Yeah, that is why Steinbrenner cannot wait to sign Pedro as soon as he gets to be a free agent....20, 30, 40 million, 50 million? Whatever it takes, that is how desperate the Yankees are.

by the way Duey, fantastic Avatar!!

20436[/snapback]

Oliver, what a great time to be a Red Sox fan, Yankees are falling apart and the Red Sox are in a position to take the division title...what a great month September is!!!!!

In other words, "Bandwagon Fan".

20467[/snapback]

Are you referring to a lot of Pats fans as well when making that statement about bandwagon jumping?

Thats an unfair comment about Pats fans, isnt it? If it is (and I think it would be unfair to label most Pats fans bandwagon jumpers, same goes for all of you who label most Yankees fans bandwagon jumpers)

Oliver, what a great time to be a Red Sox fan, Yankees are falling apart and the Red Sox are in a position to take the division title...what a great month September is!!!!!

20443[/snapback]

It comes one in a lifetime...enjoy it (joking)

I do not defend what the Yankeees said about the forefit, believe me....but I love how ESPN played it up...I wonder if they would do the same if Boston made the same kind of request...I HIGHLY doubt it...

I wonder if they would do the same if Boston made the same kind of request...I HIGHLY doubt it...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is because the Red Sox organization and fans would never make that kind of request.

My last comment on this thread. I love how all You yankee haters say how dumb Yankees fans sound, and Ill agree, calling for this forefit to me just dosent make sense and plain idiotic...but look in the mirror and read over your comments about Yankees fans, how you lump all of us into one category, you think Yankees fans are all "bandwagon jumpers". I sure was a bandwagon jumper watching Melido Perez, Tim Leary, Chuck Cary, John Montefusco, Steve Trout, and other great Yankee hurlers of the 80's...yep, Im a typical Yankee fan, and there are PLENTY just like me, so stop these stupid comments already!

I love when you all say "its easy to be a Yankees fan", well you know what I think JUST the opposite, sometimes it sucks because Yankees fans can never win in other baseball fans eyes...Yankees lose all of you rejoice and baseball is great, Yankees win the World Series you B word and moan like little babies and yell about $$ over and over and how baseball sucks. I just love how there is a double standard.

About the Red Sox, they are playing GREAT baseball and if they do overtake the Yankees and win the World Series, then I salute them, they are making one hell of the run.

I wonder if they would do the same if Boston made the same kind of request...I HIGHLY doubt it...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is because the Red Sox organization and fans would never make that kind of request.

20559[/snapback]

So they have been in a similar situation????? When?? :flirt: And again, I DO NOT support the yankees opinions on this

Are you referring to a lot of Pats fans as well when making that statement about bandwagon jumping?

Thats an unfair comment about Pats fans, isnt it?  If it is (and I think it would be unfair to label most Pats fans bandwagon jumpers, same goes for all of you who label most Yankees fans bandwagon jumpers)

20532[/snapback]

You made the point I was going to make when someone responded. I saw a LOT of crappy football growing up, and a lot of Yankee fans around my age (I'm 32) saw the same thing in the late 80's/early 90s when they couldn't beat the Sox with any regularity ( '86, '88, '90).

The whole "bandwagon" phenomenon exists with most successful teams - do you see Chicago Bulls jerseys anymore? - but it shoudn't disparage others who have been there the whole time.

The bandwagon Patriots fans KILL me - the ones that think the franchise was founded when the Tuna & Drew came on board. I'm sure the same thing happened during the Bills' run, people who had no clue that Dieter Brock once was at the helm. :flirt:

My first season tickets in 1990 were $175 for the season. $17.50 a game!!! I used to be able to lie down on the steel benches at Sullivan Stadium without touching anyone in the late 80s/early 90s. I was close enough to the field in the late 90s to hear Pete (The Poodle) Carroll try to get his players 'jacked and pumped.'

Whoa, I'm really off subject now. :)

I hate the Yankees, but I respect them. As for the rest of the season, It's on. :)

So they have been in a similar situation?????  When??  :rolleyes:  And again, I DO NOT support the yankees opinions on this

20562[/snapback]

I am not aware of the Red Sox being in a similar situation, but my gut tells me that they would not ask for a Forfeit.

You made the point I was going to make when someone responded.  I saw a LOT of crappy football growing up, and a lot of Yankee fans around my age (I'm 32) saw the same thing in the late 80's/early 90s when they couldn't beat the Sox with any regularity ( '86, '88, '90). 

The whole "bandwagon" phenomenon exists with most successful teams - do you see Chicago Bulls jerseys anymore? - but it shoudn't disparage others who have been there the whole time.

The bandwagon Patriots fans KILL me -  the ones that think the franchise was founded when the Tuna & Drew came on board.  I'm sure the same thing happened during the Bills' run, people who had no clue that Dieter Brock once was at the helm.  :rolleyes:

My first season tickets in 1990 were $175 for the season.  $17.50 a game!!!  I used to be able to lie down on the steel benches at Sullivan Stadium without touching anyone in the late 80s/early 90s.    I was close enough to the field in the late 90s to hear Pete (The Poodle) Carroll try to get his players 'jacked and pumped.'

Whoa, I'm really off subject now.  :unsure:

I hate the Yankees, but I respect them.  As for the rest of the season, It's on.  :huh:

20577[/snapback]

Excellent post Mike... LOL @ Pete "the poodle" Carroll LOL!!!

Its hard for me to admit, Ill just be honest, I cannot see the Yankees getting to the World Series right now, just cannot see it.