Why did it take SO LONG to find this tandem?

Steptide

To me the confidence a lot of fans have has to do with finally having a streamlined message from top down. I am not sure if this is the year the drought ends or not we are only 8 weeks in, but it does look good and so does the decision making. Larger picture wise having the Owner, GM, and Coach all in unison is massive continuity wise.

Looking at this I think we maybe had two instances where people seemed to be on the same page. The period from 2005-2010 was such a wasteland of GM/Coach and awful drafting. I have zero clue if Beane/McD will be the saviors or not, but they have started well and are operating far more competent then we have seen in a very long time which is a strong sign IMO given that most of the top teams in the league operate like that.

Nice breakdown. Looking back, if there was a time that this franchise needed a "football czar," it was after the Donahoe years. Instead of bringing in Marv as GM, he should have been president of football operations and hired a GM instead of trying to become a first time GM at 80 years old.

Oh well. So far I really like the current duo.