5 teams that could overtake the Pats

CBS Sportsline's 5 teams that could overtake the Pats

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On CBS Sportsline, they have in their NFL Insider article a list of 5 teams that Pete Prisco believes can overtake the Patriots this season. They are:

Colts

Ravens

Jaguars

Falcons

Bills

Personally, I'd like to know what Prisco is smoking? On this list, at least in my opinion, there is only 1 team that has ANY chance of overtaking the Patriots, and that is the Colts, and even that is no sure thing. Here's my opinion why none of these teams will be the ones to overtake the Pats:

Colts- Until they can learn to win in Foxboro, or anywhere outside and cold come January, the Colts will continue to be a great regular season team, and just an OK playoff team. Plus, their defense has ONE, and only one player that scares anybody: Dwight Freeney.

Ravens- Good defense, but no offense. To stop Baltimore, all you have to do is stop Jamal Lewis. Kyle Boller isn't going to beat you and their best receiver is their tight end Todd Heap.

Jaguars- Bill Belichick and the defense would give Byron Leftwich fits. The Jags are just too young to compete with the Pats.

Falcons- Real simple, stop Michael Vick, you stop the Falcons. Philadelphia proved that in the NFC Championship game. Plus, the Pats offense would make the Falcons defense look mediocre at best.

Bills- They are starting really a rookie QB this season in JP Losman, their offensive line is in rough shape, and the Bills defense, other than the 31-0 opening day victory a few years back, has yet to prove they can stop New England consistently.

I'm only gonig to address AFC teams in this one.

Colts- Until they can learn to win in Foxboro, or anywhere outside and cold come January, the Colts will continue to be a great regular season team, and just an OK playoff team. Plus, their defense has ONE, and only one player that scares anybody: Dwight Freeney.

The defense is better than you think... They just got to get over the mental block that's holding them back.

Ravens- Good defense, but no offense. To stop Baltimore, all you have to do is stop Jamal Lewis. Kyle Boller isn't going to beat you and their best receiver is their tight end Todd Heap.

Derrick Mason is going to improve this by leaps and bounds, but yeah, Boller has to to throw the ball. I still have no idea what they see in him.

Jaguars- Bill Belichick and the defense would give Byron Leftwich fits. The Jags are just too young to compete with the Pats.

Agreed. But they are closer than some think.

Bills- They are starting really a rookie QB this season in JP Losman, their offensive line is in rough shape, and the Bills defense, other than the 31-0 opening day victory a few years back, has yet to prove they can stop New England consistently.

263987[/snapback]

The disadvantge here is that they'll have to play the Pats possibly three times in order to beat them for the season. That can be tough (duh), so I don't think the team to take down the Pats is coming out of their division.

With that being said, I still think that the Pats worse enemy is themselves and their success. They lost a lot this season, and while everyone is going to make them a preseason pick, and Tom Brady & coordinators are cashing in, I think this is the end of it, a victim of their own winning ways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On CBS Sportsline, they have in their NFL Insider article a list of 5 teams that Pete Prisco believes can overtake the Patriots this season. They are:

Colts

Ravens

Jaguars

Falcons

Bills

Personally, I'd like to know what Prisco is smoking? On this list, at least in my opinion, there is only 1 team that has ANY chance of overtaking the Patriots, and that is the Colts, and even that is no sure thing. Here's my opinion why none of these teams will be the ones to overtake the Pats:

Falcons- Real simple, stop Michael Vick, you stop the Falcons. Philadelphia proved that in the NFC Championship game. Plus, the Pats offense would make the Falcons defense look mediocre at best.

263987[/snapback]

You're right about the Colts not winning in Foxboro, but the same goes for every other team. The key will be not having to play there in the postseason.

The Ravens will be pretty damn good next year. Jamal Lewis and Todd Heap were not healthy last year, plus they got Derrick Mason to throw to. Boeller is a ?, but he's played less than 2 seasons, so I think it's too early to call him a bust.

Jaguars - classic case of a team taking a step backwards before they move forward. They needed every break in the book to finish 9-7 last year, so their record will not automatically improve because they're young, as some think.

Falcons - He's joking, right?

Bills - Uhhh, I hope so.

I think we can get used to offseason hype about the Bills. So far, the only major thing that has changed since last season's push, is the loss of Bledsoe, and few people attribute the Bills' success to him.

Lets just hope our boys get back to WNY and get ready to play some football.

Colts

Ravens

Jaguars

Falcons

Bills

Personally, I'd like to know what Prisco is smoking?

263987[/snapback]

Out of all the NFL "experts" out there today I think Prisco is the biggest hack. He lost me for good two years ago when he wrote an article in Week 3 which absolutely TRASHED Donovan McNabb (you may remember McNabb got off to a very slow start that season and Philly was 0-2) saying that he was right in 1999, Philly should've drafted Ricky Williams, McNabb can't play, etc. He got all these garbage quotes from scouts around the league saying, "I told everyone!! McNabb can't cut it in the NFL".

Basically he waited a whole two games into the season, saw McNabb underachieve and couldn't wait to toot his own horn.

Epilogue: Pete Prisco continues to cover sports for cbs.sportsline.com and wrote no fewer than three columns this year praising Donovan McNabb.

A$$hat.

--------w------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colts

Ravens

Jaguars

Falcons

Bills

263987[/snapback]

well the ravens did just add derek mason,and i have had him in fantasy football a few times and he always does good

How many times must we humiliate the Colts before they are scratched off the short list?

The 5 teams that worry me as a Pats fan for the immediate future;

1. Pittsburgh -Big Ben the real deal. Will only get better

2. Miami - No matter how good or bad, they always give us fits

3. Carolina - Great D, good running game, clutch QB

4. Philly - Really good, complete team.

5. NY Jets - Pennington is underrated and their D is terrific.

How many times must we humiliate the Colts before they are scratched off the short list? 

The 5 teams that worry me as a Pats fan for the immediate future;

1. Pittsburgh -Big Ben the real deal. Will only get better

2. Miami - No matter how good or bad, they always give us fits

3. Carolina - Great D, good running game, clutch QB

4. Philly - Really good, complete team. 

5. NY Jets - Pennington is underrated and their D is terrific.

264157[/snapback]

Thanks for the Miami fear, it's always tought playing NE, but this last victory was great! Nothing made me feel happier than seeing Brady's pick in the last seconds.

Thanks for the Miami fear, it's always tought playing NE, but this last victory was great! Nothing made me feel happier than seeing Brady's pick in the last seconds.

264285[/snapback]

Some teams have other teams' numbers no matter how good one is and how bad the other is. It was that way with the Pats and Colts. Even when the Pats would go 1-15 or 2-14, those wins would come against Indy.