Bills-specific article on National Anthem protests

OCinBuffalo

Conclusion first: I'll say it again, the media/leftists are Trump's puppets. He merely has to tweet to get them to dance to the tune he wants. His SOP since day 1 is to get them, to get themselves, onto the unpopular/wrong side of an issue. After this set-up, he then dunks on them. Recent example: This entire national anthem thing is, in fact, a huge political win for him nationally and, in WNY especially. Complainers about these polls: I refer you to Nate Silver and the polls prior to election 2016. But this time, look at these #s, there's no "margin of error"/methodology excuse here. This Bills FO had better read these polls, and act accordingly, soon.

----

We're gonna try this the long-post crybaby way == 5/6 line post(depending on your device, more), rather than me preempting the nonsense I know is coming. Rest assured I've got my nonsense repellent written in a handy wordpad. We'll see if the clowns make me cut and paste it all...

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Not surprised by the numbers. The poll skews older( 50 +) . Those folks are more likely to vote in elections, probably higher disposable income for some etc. Some customers are turned off, others not as much. But clearly it's making an impression.

One could say they swing right, but more importantly: independent, which is where the end zone is. How many antifa-types have you met at a game? I only ran into 1: a Canadian. The far left stays away. Why try to "unite the country" with them? Better to simply antagonize them into a trap, belittle them once caught, turn the public even further against them, and pick up even more votes...all for the "cost" of a few tweets. If this was a "mistake" :lol: by Trump, and was working so badly, why did Trump do it again on Monday?

EDIT: oops I wrote too much here and had to delete, per crybaby protocol. Back to 5 lines. You'll just have to wait until somebody says this is wrong for the rest.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Well, given the article is largely factual and number based as opposed to opinion based, I don't think you can argue with it. Average Americans realize that since we are a "melting pot", which values diversity (yes it's true despite what MM says), the flag and patriotism is one of the only things we have universally in common. That is why it is so important. We don't have 1000 years of heritage to fall back on, we have to relish the fact that we created this American experiment, and have done our best to continually improve it. It goes without saying that there are still many problems, but taking away the one universal common ground divides America even further, and is counterproductive to the goal they are trying to achieve. I agree with the reasons they are protesting, and would support them if they were actually protesting those institutions, but don't support this form of grandstanding.

Well, given the article is largely factual and number based as opposed to opinion based, I don't think you can argue with it. Average Americans realize that since we are a "melting pot", which values diversity (yes it's true despite what MM says), the flag and patriotism is one of the only things we have universally in common. That is why it is so important. We don't have 1000 years of heritage to fall back on, we have to relish the fact that we created this American experiment, and have done our best to continually improve it. It goes without saying that there are still many problems, but taking away the one universal common ground divides America even further, and is counterproductive to the goal they are trying to achieve. I agree with the reasons they are protesting, and would support them if they were actually protesting those institutions, but don't support this form of grandstanding.

Trump sets up this form of grandstanding for one reason: to expose the agenda behind it, and then to win against it.