Anthem protest spreads to live cable TV

Heavy Kevi

So if it wasn't enough that you can't watch sports without an injection of politics, it is now spreading to cable TV broadcasts.

I don't have as much of a problem really with this most recent incarnation given the fact that these folks are not on the clock, though I'm sick of it being ubiquitous, and find it categorically misguided. I am baffled as to why they protest the anthem when they apparently are upset by something else (probably Trumps comments on the NFL- tho not sure how it applies to these folks), but I digress. On to the point of the thread...

This evening's live finale of Ink Master showcased a truly amazing electric guitar version of the anthem by guitarist/show host Dave Navarro, and several eliminated tattooers sat or took a knee for it (front row on stage, in the left and right flank of center)

Anybody who hasn't heard Navarro's version, it's a real treat. He has done it for NASCAR and Bellator MMA as well, and it is freakin' awesome everytime. If you love America the way I do, it might even make the hairs on your arm stand up.

Sorry the pic isn't great, but that's what you get for taking a pic of the tv....

33419oi.jpg