I saw this somewhere yesterday.

But won't he be pretty expensive, especially for a guard? I know Andruzzi signed cheap, but I think Mayberry is looking for close to Wahle numbers. Plus he is kind of old 32 or 33.

But won't he be pretty expensive, especially for a guard?  I know Andruzzi signed cheap, but I think Mayberry is looking for close to Wahle numbers.

262086[/snapback]

are you seriously keeping a tight cinch on the Bills purse strings when we have signed NO ONE and the very good G are getting signed?

Look, If we arent willing to blow almost all our cap cash on a big LT trade and then fill our G need with our top draft pick, we better use our cap cash on some bigger name players!

This team is a few studs out of the the playoffs and beyond.

More for less, we be less for the Bills!

But won't he be pretty expensive, especially for a guard?  I know Andruzzi signed cheap, but I think Mayberry is looking for close to Wahle numbers.  Plus he is kind of old 32 or 33.

262086[/snapback]

wahle got tackle money to play tackle.........mayberry will get guard money to play guard...........

are you seriously keeping a tight cinch on the Bills purse strings when we have signed NO ONE and the very good G are getting signed?

Look, If we arent willing to blow almost all our cap cash on a big LT trade and then fill our G need with our top draft pick, we better use our cap cash on some bigger name players!

This team is a few studs out of the the playoffs and beyond.

More for less, we be less for the Bills!

262089[/snapback]

When we still don't have a LT, or a vet QB to backup Losman? Yes

I see us getting a 3rd QB in the draft, later rounds

We probably draft our backup RB (GORE) in the 4th round or so

We still need a solid TE

We may need a kicker

We need a LG and LT

We need a #2 corner, IMHO

We probably draft another DT

We may need another WR depending on Reed and Aiken

We need LB depth seriously (either FA or high draft picks)

With 2 safeties likely gone we need one.

We are a long way from a solid team.

With only about 5 million in real FA money, then yes, let's not blow it all on 1 left guard.

wahle got tackle money to play tackle.........mayberry will get guard money to play guard...........

262091[/snapback]

Okay even if true, which I don't think is, Rivera who is Mayberrys age and is a RG got a 5 year 20 million dollar deal. That 4 million per.

Again we don't have the cap space.

Okay even if true, which I don't think is, Rivera who is Mayberrys age and is a RG got a 5 year 20 million dollar deal.  That 4 million per. 

262102[/snapback]

So who's going to play LT?

Aren't you glad we bailed on Bledsoe now? Imagine if we were still hauling around the 2. whatever mill we saved?!?!

Okay even if true, which I don't think is, Rivera who is Mayberrys age and is a RG got a 5 year 20 million dollar deal.  That 4 million per. 

262102[/snapback]

Well, it was only a matter of time until someone opened the flood gates of the "we dont have the cap money" posts. You win the prize. How much have we spent so far? Thanks!

262102[/snapback]

Rivera got a $9MM signing bonus, so his cap for '05 is likely to be in the $3MM range, but does seem rich for us.

I have no problems with old guys costing us $1MM/yr under McNally's tutelage.

So who's going to play LT?

Aren't you glad we bailed on Bledsoe now? Imagine if we were still hauling around the 2. whatever mill we saved?!?!

262104[/snapback]

I do think a deal get's done for Shelton. I just don't think it involves Henry. The problem there is he is a straight salary of 3 mill for 4 more years. That is a big chunk of our cap space. They are going to need to clear some more up (Prioleau, Wire, and Henry). Maybe force Williams to restructure.

No I don't believe we saved anything with Drew being cut. Sure it saved 2 million now on the cap, but we need a solid backup QB, and guess what that is probably going to take most of the 2 million to do so.

When we still don't have a LT, or a vet QB to backup Losman?  Yes

I see us getting a 3rd QB in the draft, later rounds

We probably draft our backup RB (GORE) in the 4th round or so

We still need a solid TE

We may need a kicker

We need a LG and LT

We need a #2 corner, IMHO

We probably draft another DT

We may need another WR depending on Reed and Aiken

We need LB depth seriously (either FA or high draft picks)

With 2 safeties likely gone we need one.

We are a long way from a solid team.

With only about 5 million in real FA money, then yes, let's not blow it all on 1 left guard.

262096[/snapback]

QB backup can be had at vet minimum

Backup RB exists in Shaud

Solid TE is Campbell, stud is someone like Franks

We have a K, stud would be nice but not necessary, Nuge in the 3rd, fine

LG, probably our 2nd rounder Baas, Brown, or Brooks

McGee is just fine as our #2 CB, but Id love to land Law for the right price

WR can come fron the draft

LB depth can come from the draft

backup S, how about Diamond Ferri in the 6th

So, 8 of the 9 can be filled for vet minimum or the draft. That leaves 1 spot, LT to spend your coin on. If you want to spend you rmoney on a LG and then draft a T, hey fine.

See my stolen post above, the guy really makes the point.

I do think a deal get's done for Shelton.  I just don't think it involves Henry.  The problem there is he is a straight salary of 3 mill for 4 more years.  That is a big chunk of our cap space.  They are going to need to clear some more up (Prioleau, Wire, and Henry).  Maybe force Williams to restructure. 

No I don't believe we saved anything with Drew being cut.  Sure it saved 2 million now on the cap, but we need a solid backup QB, and guess what that is probably going to take most of the 2 million to do so.

262108[/snapback]

3 mil for your version of our starting LT eats up too much cap space? Have you looked at what starting LT's get paid?

Sorry man, but inflation has happened I feel like your stuck in the 1997 salary cap year with you rnumbers.

QB backup can be had at vet minimum

Backup RB exists in Shaud

Solid TE is Campbell, stud is someone like Franks

We have a K, stud would be nice but not necessary, Nuge in the 3rd, fine

LG, probably our 2nd rounder Baas, Brown, or Brooks

McGee is just fine as our #2 CB, but Id love to land Law for the right price

WR can come fron the draft

LB depth can come from the draft

backup S, how about Diamond Ferri in the 6th

So, 8 of the 9 can be filled for vet minimum or the draft. That leaves 1 spot, LT to spend your coin on. If you want to spend you rmoney on a LG and then draft a T, hey fine.

See my stolen post above, the guy really makes the point.

262113[/snapback]

You will not get a quality backup QB for vet minimum. You will get a Rodney Peete for vet minimum.

You need more than 1 backup running back, you also need someone who can start 3 or 4 games (Williams is a nice changeup but can't start)

Campbell is hurt and if rumor are correct may miss half the season

Nuge will be gone late first early 2nd

I would not start on rookie even at guard

Mcgee is a good nickle, I do not like him starting

WR - agreed

LB - you can get one solid one in the draft, but we probably need 2 (there are only so many 2nd and 3rd round picks that we get)

Agreed safety can come from draft - not sure about 6th round though

3 mil for your version of our starting LT eats up too much cap space? Have you looked at what starting LT's get paid?

Sorry man, but inflation has happened I feel like your stuck in the 1997 salary cap year with you rnumbers.

262117[/snapback]

Read it in context. If we have 5 million and use 3 on a LT, we have 2 million to sign a lot of other players.