Price Not Contacted by Bills Yet

(exceprt)

Price, a seven-year veteran, proved to be a dependable backup in three seasons with the Bills, appearing in 47 games, 10 as a starter.

Price's agent Jordan Feagan said Wednesday he was surprised the Bills failed to make his client an offer prior to Tuesday's deadline.

"I haven't talked to Buffalo at all," Feagan said. "I'm a little surprised that Buffalo hasn't been more aggressive about re-signing him. But that's their business."

Feagan said Price is seeking offers from other teams, but didn't rule out the possibility of his client re-signing with the Bills.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought they would've moved on this guy already and move MW over to the left side.

Do we even talk to our players at all in free agency. What this tells you is that TD didn't even want them back. At least you can make an offer and negotiate. If you don't you are just letting them go and want them to go. He never had any intent to sign them no matter what the cost. He could have signed Pat for 2-3M per year against the cap.

Do we even talk to our players at all in free agency.  What this tells you is that TD didn't even want them back.  At least you can make an offer and negotiate.  If you don't you are just letting them go and want them to go.  He never had any intent to sign them no matter what the cost.   He could have signed Pat for 2-3M per year against the cap.

261007[/snapback]

so why did he say the exact opposite numerous times since the end of the season?

i thought the agents for big pat and jonas were lieing when they said the bills haven't talked to them at all?? and now another guy says the same thing???

TD didn't even try with any of these guys

Do we even talk to our players at all in free agency.  What this tells you is that TD didn't even want them back.  At least you can make an offer and negotiate.  If you don't you are just letting them go and want them to go.  He never had any intent to sign them no matter what the cost.  He could have signed Pat for 2-3M per year against the cap.

261007[/snapback]

He DID offer PW a contract in the 2-3mil range.....PW turned it down.

I am hesitant to believe agents but in this case that is three separate players/agents. Kind of scary when you have a OL that needs to protect a rookie QB. At least re-sign him for depth. He knows the team and system and has played well in back-up roles. Just say "we are going in another direction." Don't pretend you want the players back but don't even start negotiations. PW hardly had a large contract offer. I thought by the sounds of TD that he was asking for a 10M signing bonus and a total of 20+ million for the contract. Instead it was 60% of that.

i thought the agents for big pat and jonas were lieing when they said the bills haven't talked to them at all?? and now another guy says the same thing???

TD didn't even try with any of these guys

261033[/snapback]

The agent for Pat said he talked with the Bills yesterday but apparently they didn't want to match it.

Buffalo offered Williams a three-year deal last summer, but the guaranteed bonus was $2million less than he received from Minnesota. Wright contacted the Bills Wednesday.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...370/1007/SPORTS

The agent for Pat said he talked with the Bills yesterday but apparently they didn't want to match it.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...370/1007/SPORTS

261073[/snapback]

i meant no talks since last summer.........we're all aware of the lowball offers that TD dished out then.......

pretty sad that the first contact since then had to come from the agent to the team.......not the way most teams handle a player they want to come back.......

i meant no talks since last summer.........we're all aware of the lowball offers that TD dished out then.......

pretty sad that the first contact since then had to come from the agent to the team.......not the way most teams handle a player they want to come back.......

261076[/snapback]

After the Bills made an offer to Pat last summer that he and his agent turned down, the one with the 6 million bonus, the agent and Pat were the ones that said we were going to test the free agent waters. What exactly were the Bills and Wright going to talk about, the Bills upping their offer they had already made? They had three good players they had to sign, and offered them all fairly low contracts. As expected, they were all turned down and the ones that wanted to negotiate up would have been able to. Aaron Schobel did and was resigned. Pat Williams and Jonas Jennings, as expected, and as 90% of the other players of their stature and situation would have, and do on a daily basis, decided to see what the market would offer. This was all expected.

The Vikes gave Pat a generous offer and good contract. Probably a little more than I expected a team to. I am pretty sure that Pat wanted the Bills to match it or come close. I am positive that TD and our management and coaches discussed his worth ad nauseum. And they ultimately decided that no, he wasn't worth near that money and good luck to you. From the tone of the quote, I gathered that the Bills gave a counter offer yesterday and Wright and Pat turned them down. That is what he meant by "it was clear they weren't going to be a player". That is agent talk for "we didn't like your offer" whether it was 10 million or 10 dollars less than he and his client's bottom line.