Colonoscopy humor

So...I turned 40 last year and since my Dad and brother are Colon Cancer prize winners...I had to get my scope done early.

Yesterday was my first time. And everything everyone ever told me was exactly right. The procedure itself is NO problem. In fact, I went under and have no memory of anything being done. It is the prep work,....drinking the "stuff" and flushing out your system that is miserable.

Anyway....I am lying on the bed in recovery...my wife sitting in the chair next to me....and I am ripping one bomb after another. (A wonderful side effect of having your colon pumped full of air). I sounded like a large outboard motor.

The Dr. comes in, and I rip one. My wife buries her face in embarassment. The Dr. says to me: "I guess you don't need me to pull your finger ?!?!".

:doh:

The Dr. comes in, and I rip one. My wife buries her face in embarassment. The Dr. says to me: "I guess you don't need me to pull your finger ?!?!".

Get Robin Williams DVD comedy special, he has a whole routine on this.

So...I turned 40 last year and since my Dad and brother are Colon Cancer prize winners...I had to get my scope done early.

Yesterday was my first time.  And everything everyone ever told me was exactly right.  The procedure itself is NO problem.  In fact, I went under and have no memory of anything being done.  It is the prep work,....drinking the "stuff" and flushing out your system that is miserable.

Anyway....I am lying on the bed in recovery...my wife sitting in the chair next to me....and I am ripping one bomb after another.  (A wonderful side effect of having your colon pumped full of air).  I sounded like a large outboard motor.

The Dr. comes in, and I rip one.  My wife buries her face in embarassment.  The Dr. says to me:  "I guess you don't need me to pull your finger ?!?!".

260169[/snapback]

I am in the same boat in terms of family history and need to get one done. Been putting it off, but the fun side effects almost make it seem worth it

Yesterday was my first time.  And everything everyone ever told me was exactly right.  The procedure itself is NO problem.  In fact, I went under and have no memory of anything being done.  It is the prep work,....drinking the "stuff" and flushing out your system that is miserable.

Anyway....I am lying on the bed in recovery...my wife sitting in the chair next to me....and I am ripping one bomb after another.  (A wonderful side effect of having your colon pumped full of air).  I sounded like a large outboard motor.

The Dr. comes in, and I rip one.  My wife buries her face in embarassment.  The Dr. says to me:  "I guess you don't need me to pull your finger ?!?!".

260169[/snapback]

Funny! ;)

But how were the results? You OK?

I am in the same boat in terms of family history and need to get one done. Been putting it off, but the fun side effects almost make it seem worth it

260398[/snapback]

The taste of the saline enema will quickly change your mind!

When my uncle had one and nothing was found, the doctor gave him a certificate saying that he was a 'Perfect A**hole.'

260432[/snapback]

When my dad had his surgery done for his colon cancer, the proctologist who did his surgery had a business card that read, I kid you not, Italian Brain Surgeon. Liked that guy and he got my Dad clean of cancer.

The taste of the saline enema will quickly change your mind!

260467[/snapback]

Hey DC, yea I know doesn't sound fun, but my kids would love to here me tooting like the lottle engine that could for a couple hours str8. BTW, have almost the same set up as you, but have the 46 inch DLP, the older HLN model as well. Three of my friends have now bought the same set up and wonder how they lived before without a HD Tivo .