Wheatley released, Jordan to sign with raiders

VABills

This actually is a good thing for us. Now the best FA RB out there is off the market, the Cards have even less options if they want a starter at RB. They could risk the Draft, but they hold the #9 pick and the top 3 RBs could all be gone by then.

This will make the Cards push harder for Henry now.

Well looks like Travis is not going to Oakland.

259552[/snapback]

Maybe the Jets are interested in him to backup Grandpa Martin. Even though he led the league in rushing last year, he can't have too much left. I thought the Jets were high on having Jordan be their next #1 RB.

This actually is a good thing for us.  Now the best FA RB out there is off the market, the Cards have even less options if they want a starter at RB.  They could risk the Draft, but they hold the #9 pick and the top 3 RBs could all be gone by then.

259557[/snapback]

Cards were not looking at Jordan to my knowledge. They are trying to trade with the Vikes for Bennett.

The other team looking at Jordan was TB. Again they are trying to replace Pittman who is a fumbler and have said Travis is not an option either as he fumbles as well.

This actually is a good thing for us.  Now the best FA RB out there is off the market, the Cards have even less options if they want a starter at RB.  They could risk the Draft, but they hold the #9 pick and the top 3 RBs could all be gone by then.

259557[/snapback]

Actually, I think the Cards hold the #8 pick and the only teams drafting ahead of them needing a RB (in my estimation) are the Dolphins at #2 and Bucs at #5.

Actually, I think the Cards hold the #8 pick and the only teams drafting ahead of them needing a RB (in my estimation) are the Dolphins at #2 and Bucs at #5.

259566[/snapback]

San Fran also, but they will draft a QB.

Does this mean Travis isn't worth the #2 overall pick in the draft?

259567[/snapback]

Maybe.

But the other part that people are missing is that Wheatley is now available, won't cost a player or pick, will be cheap to sign and maybe not as good as Travis, he is in the same 3rd tier as Travis.

259566[/snapback]

You're right, they do have #8 overall...but I hear a lot of rumblings this year about potential trade-ups for one of the top 3 RBs by teams needing a starter.

I'm just saying that the Draft is a risky way to go for a starting RB because you dont control what the 31 other teams are doing. Miami and the Bucs could get their boys, and then another team could trade up and steal the remaining RB away, especially in a draft class that isnt that spectacular in terms of skill players like this one. So, it just seems to me the safer option is getting Henry for the Cards, thereby freeing them to improve another position with their #1 pick and not screwing them if the RBs are off the board before they get a chance to select.

Maybe.

But the other part that people are missing is that Wheatley is now available, won't cost a player or pick, will be cheap to sign and maybe not as good as Travis, he is in the same 3rd tier as Travis.

259572[/snapback]

Call me a homer but wouldn't loop Henry with Wheatley. As Wheatley is 32 and only rushed for over 1,000 yards in one season. Not to mention released by two teams.

You're right, they do have #8 overall...but I hear a lot of rumblings this year about potential trade-ups for one of the top 3 RBs by teams needing a starter.

I'm just saying that the Draft is a risky way to go for a starting RB because you dont control what the 31 other teams are doing.  Miami and the Bucs could get their boys, and then another team could trade up and steal the remaining RB away, especially in a draft class that isnt that spectacular in terms of skill players like this one.  So, it just seems to me the safer option is getting Henry for the Cards, thereby freeing them to improve another position with their #1 pick and not screwing them if the RBs are off the board before they get a chance to select.

259579[/snapback]

I agree with you, just playing devil's advocate.

Call me a homer but wouldn't loop Henry with Wheatley. As Wheatley is 32 and only rushed for over 1,000 yards in one season. Not to mention released by two teams.

259584[/snapback]

Actually he just turned 33. And I did say Travis was better, but they both seemed to be lumped in that bottom 3rd of starting capable backs. I agree Wheatley has never really had the number but he has also been in a carries sharing environment.

TH's value is very little in the NFL nowadays huh? Teams would rather trade for other RBs or draft one. Looks like he will be in a Bills uniform next year which is fine with me as a back-up.