Clump, some comments on Bills Cap Page.

Clump,

First, I just want to say thank you for all the hard work that you put into the salary cap page for the Bills. I find it very useful.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. The last 2 columns of the cap table cannot be read on my browser (Netscape) because the table goes past the white background into the blue background.

Lastly, do you think it would help anyone if you could list how many years are still left on a players contract or something to that effect. In your article you said that Moulds added an extra year to his contract to spread the amoritization of his new bonus over an extra year. It would be interesting to know how many more years that players are under contract for.

Your article/breakdown of the Bills was a good read. From your article I took out of it that even though we have cap room, we are still very close to the wall when it comes to salary.

Again, thanks for keeping us updated on the Bills cap.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.  The last 2 columns of the cap table cannot be read on my browser (Netscape) because the table goes past the white background into the blue background.

259198[/snapback]

Same thing happens with Mozilla. No problem with IE.

Clump,

First, I just want to say thank you for all the hard work that you put into the salary cap page for the Bills.  I find it very useful.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.  The last 2 columns of the cap table cannot be read on my browser (Netscape) because the table goes past the white background into the blue background.

Lastly, do you think it would help anyone if you could list how many years are still left on a players contract or something to that effect.  In your article you said that Moulds added an extra year to his contract to spread the amoritization of his new bonus over an extra year.  It would be interesting to know how many more years that players are under contract for.

Your article/breakdown of the Bills was a good read.  From your article I took out of it that even though we have cap room, we are still very close to the wall when it comes to salary.

259198[/snapback]

My comment is a question mark on the validity of the numbers. Many different site have us several mill different than Clumps numbers. I admire his passion for figuring out "his" version of our cap situation. But without a look at the TRUE books, how in the hell can anyone claim to be accurate? Its a waste. Id have better luck trying to do Clumps tax return!!!

This is typical offseason BS. We always end up going through this. People here claim all kind of BS about how we dont have the cap cash to sign x,y, or Z. They do it because they want us to go the cheap route. Yet a guy like TD always makes the ignorant look foolish. Takeo, Fletcher, Milloy its sick how he gets it done. Trying to undermine him and what he can do is a waste of time. PERIOD.

It may be a fun waste of time, but its futile!

We can get the guys we need, have faith in TD, he gets it done and every year we end up saying, how in the hell did he do it?

Most of us have followed Clumps salary cap pages and info for the last 3 or so years. The guy is always on top of things and always within the ballpark

You choose to doubt, but the fact is they call him the cap guru for a reason.

I swear by Clumps info as do most others

Most of us have followed Clumps salary cap pages and info for the last 3 or so years. The guy is always on top of things and always within the ballpark

You choose to doubt, but the fact is they call him the cap guru for a reason.

I swear by Clumps info as do most others

259538[/snapback]

Good, so you apparently want to follow cap numbers that are traditionally under where we really are, and FA prices that are often over what they actually get signed for.

No problem, unless you try to claim that we cant get ____ because of cap cash. Then your incorrect numbesr go out the window with your arguement backed by NO data.

You like em, fine. Ill trust in TD, he never ceases to suprise and Clump aint the GM of the Bills!

Good, so you apparently want to follow cap numbers that are traditionally under where we really are, and FA prices that are often over what they actually get signed for.

No problem, unless you try to claim that we cant get ____ because of cap cash. Then your incorrect numbesr go out the window with your arguement backed by NO data.

You like em, fine. Ill trust in TD, he never ceases to suprise and Clump aint the GM of the Bills!

259589[/snapback]

You have made it clear in previous threads that you don't believe clumps numbers because they don't show as much free cap space as other sites do or you want them too.

It's a good thing that we are in the era of the kinder & gentler TBD because otherwise I'd be tempted to say....STFU! <_<

You have made it clear in previous threads that you don't believe clumps numbers because they don't show as much free cap space as other sites do or you want them too.

It's a good thing that we are in the era of the kinder & gentler TBD because otherwise I'd be tempted to say....STFU! <_<

259602[/snapback]

couldnt have said it better

259589[/snapback]

whatever you feel.

I believe Clumps info based purely upon past experience. The same way a person deals with most everythng in there life. You trust what has been right before.

I guess time will tell wether he's right or wrong, but I'd bet the farm he's damn close to correct.

You can choose to believe or disbelieve whatever you choose.

In Clump I Trust... that's my moto

259602[/snapback]

Well glad you didnt say it.... <_<

This is a touch like saying you can do your coworkers tax return. Good luck with that.

My comment is a question mark on the validity of the numbers. Many different site have us several mill different than Clumps numbers. I admire his passion for figuring out "his" version of our cap situation. But without a look at the TRUE books, how in the hell can anyone claim to be accurate? Its a waste. Id have better luck trying to do Clumps tax return!!!

This is typical offseason BS. We always end up going through this. People here claim all kind of BS about how we dont have the cap cash to sign x,y, or Z. They do it because they want us to go the cheap route. Yet a guy like TD always makes the ignorant look foolish. Takeo, Fletcher, Milloy its sick how he gets it done. Trying to undermine him and what he can do is a waste of time. PERIOD.

It may be a fun waste of time, but its futile!

We can get the guys we need, have faith in TD, he gets it done and every year we end up saying, how in  the hell did he do it?

259392[/snapback]

Was I not correct when I said we were about $7.4 million under when everyone else said $12-17 million under? Then suddenly, a number of media outlets picked up on the escalators that I highlighted FIRST!

Once again, for slow people like JP-era.....I...do...not...claim...to...be...100% accurate in the numbers. I do my best to accurately portray the salary cap situation. I believe I have done that.

Clump,

First, I just want to say thank you for all the hard work that you put into the salary cap page for the Bills.  I find it very useful.

Lastly, do you think it would help anyone if you could list how many years are still left on a players contract or something to that effect.  In your article you said that Moulds added an extra year to his contract to spread the amoritization of his new bonus over an extra year.  It would be interesting to know how many more years that players are under contract for.

Your article/breakdown of the Bills was a good read.  From your article I took out of it that even though we have cap room, we are still very close to the wall when it comes to salary.

259198[/snapback]

Thanks for the kind words.....I will take your recommendations to the "powers" that do the techno-nerdy stuff. Maybe I can list just last name, so things can fit better. Smaller font. Thanks again.

BTW: Update very soon :(