Do something positive

• 1 month later...
I'm proud to know this man

I've posted this before, here's another take.

258654[/snapback]

Yes, Thank You for posting this. I will be sending this link to 2-3 hundred men in my sailors organization and ask they spread the word. I will also make sure it is put in our newsletter. We can never do enough for our men and women in the Armed Forces. I never had it half as bad as these kids but can sure relate to many a lonely time....thinking about home.

The other thing to remember is Hero Miles to help get them the last leg home. A couple of airlines have dropped out (I'll be boycotting those) but you can still donate miles. Without that many of these guys have to pay their own way home and it can get a little pricey. It's not like they have hours to spend surfing the net for good fares.

These are ways you can support the troops even if you don't support the war (like me).

It has more value than just sticking a yellow ribbon magnet on the back of one's car. My son and his buddies love their care packages.

These are ways you can support the troops even if you don't support the war (like me).

It has more value than just sticking a yellow ribbon magnet on the back of one's car.  My son and his buddies love their care packages.

312524[/snapback]

Diane, Marty's always looking for in-country volunteers to ship packages to as well, so if your son and his friends are interested I'm sure it would be appreciated. At one point last year he was down to about 2 people and it was getting scary. I think he's got a good process now but with 100k+ folks there I am sure there is always room for more.

so if your son and his friends are interested

Sorry - I wasn't clear. My son is over there . I also have three women friends who's sons are in Iraq. I'm sending 6 packages every week, that's about all I can afford right now.

Sorry - I wasn't clear. My son is over there .  I also have three women friends who's sons are in Iraq. I'm sending 6 packages every week, that's about all I can afford right now.

318199[/snapback]

You were clear - Marty needs people to ship packages TO, who can distribute them to soldiers in need. The armed forces won't accept anything that's not addressed to a real person.