Wow. Interesting list of cuts

nodnarb

I'm not surprised by Gildon. He never showed a damn thing. I'm shocked that constantin ritzman made this team. They must really see something special in him, because an undrafted free agent DE making the team over Keith McKenzie (my surprise #1) is saying quite a lot. Ritzman is definitely the biggest shock to me.

I'm also surprised that Dom Stevenson was waived. Teams are going to be fighting over him...he's a great special teamer and I thought a solid WLB backup. I hope an AFC East team doesn't pick him up, cuz he'll make their ST units and depth that much better.

I'm also SHOCKED that Dorenbos is still on the team. And Simonton was cut...!

Meanwhile, Congrats to Rashad Baker, Jabari Greer, Schaud Williams, and Constantin Ritzman. Wow. What a UFA haul.

also surprised by sobieski and sullivan, altho...not so much. They never really seemed to stand out.

Yeah, I had never remembered seeing Ritzmann's name anywhere until I looked at the final depth chart (which still has a couple of cut players on it). I did a Who the Fug? when I saw his name...

It looks like they are serious about Tucker as backup C. I thought Dorenbos would be a casualty of keeping 4 QB's, but I guess they took care of that (does the Travis Brown situation remind anyone else of the Christie scenario...? probably already mentioned in other threads...I'm catching up).

I really though Prioleau was going to be the odd man out at safety, but they kept him.

Just read the cuts. I hope they can get Lawton on the practice squad. He blocked well and seems to have a future.

Dorenbus just does his job too well. Lindell was kicking much better with the magic man in there. Gets the ball back so quickly and Lindell wasn't rushing his approach. He reminds me of another deep snapper the Bills had 20 years back, Steve Alvers. I'm glad Dorenbus is still here. Position #53 can contribute, instead of being a complete bench warmer who never has a prayer of playing.

Glad TD came to his senses concerning Travis Brown. I'm sure he'll get beat up in the press a little ( by Felser, Sullivan, Matthews etc. ) . Brown was horribly inconsistent and never made a believer out of me. Matthews will be here. Does this say something about the Losman return date ? Maybe it's sooner than we think.

Sullivan just lost his desire here. Seemed to only giving a half hearted effort. Almost got DB killed a few times during the pre-season games.

None of the others are surprising. Sorry to see Simonton go. He tried hard and is still twice as fast as #21. All those FA's making the team is rather interesting.

I'm also SHOCKED that Dorenbos is still on the team. And Simonton was cut...!

Actually, I'm not. I noticed Tasker and Levy were saying, during the telecast of the Lions game, that because of the injury situation, keeping a a guy that just long snaps might not be possible. The two of them sounded for sure like they thought Neufeld, because he could play TE, longsnap, and play H-back/FB would take Dorenbos' roster spot. Immediately, I said to myself Bullstevestojan!!! Dorenbos is an excellent LS and worthy of a roster spot... Neufeld is strictly backup... and if he were to become injured, you've got no-one. So, I never thought Dorenbos was in danger of losing his job.

Now, the Simonton thing is interesting... I thought for sure that Both Simonton and Shaud Williams would make the team... and Burns would be the odd man out. I also thought Shelton would be cut in favor of Lawton.... and I still think Lawton will come off the practice squad at some point this season and perhaps make Shelton expendable. I still don't know why Burns is still on the roster... I can't see any measurable or appreciable contribution this guy makes. Someone must see something.

Actually, I'm not.  I noticed Tasker and Levy were saying, during the telecast of the Lions game, that because of the injury situation, keeping a a guy that just long snaps might not be possible.  The two of them sounded for sure like they thought Neufeld, because he could play TE, longsnap, and play H-back/FB would take Dorenbos' roster spot.  Immediately, I said to myself Bullstevestojan!!!  Dorenbos is an excellent LS and worthy of a roster spot... Neufeld is strictly backup... and if he were to become injured, you've got no-one.  So, I never thought Dorenbos was in danger of losing his job.

Now, the Simonton thing is interesting... I thought for sure that Both Simonton and Shaud Williams would make the team... and Burns would be the odd man out.  I also thought Shelton would be cut in favor of Lawton.... and I still think Lawton will come off the practice squad at some point this season and perhaps make Shelton expendable.  I still don't know why Burns is still on the roster... I can't see any measurable or appreciable contribution this guy makes.  Someone must see something.

19357[/snapback]

Burns is "supposedly" a very good special teamer along with being a serviceable backup at both HB and FB.

I saw Shaud Williams and Ken Simonton as being essentially the same RB type--the darting, hide behind the big linemen and hit the hole fast type--and I think TD is betting Williams has more upside. Plus he's younger.

Burns still hasn't been given the big chance to show what he can do. He's more in the TH mold.

I sure hope Lawton clears waivers. I think he can be the Sam Gash we need. Sorry, Daimon.