Five former draft picks cut

jahnyc

Who the hell cares which draft picks make the team? There are 53 players now on the Bills, whether they come from the draft, free agents, trades or whatever, every one of them had to have been agreed with by TD. So what if the talent comes from places other than the draft, I don't give a damn if they're all free agents, as long as they fuggin' win! :w00t:

I think Jarthur's point is a good one. Players drop to the late rounds (or out of the draft) because they have one or more serious warts; poor measurables, offseason issues, a reputation as an underachiever etc. That meeans to succeed, they have to overcome those things. Most don't.

Players at the big schools are very well known, so there's less chance they'll actually be lumps of coal waiting to be polished like some of the Bills' "finds" from the 90's.

Just to show there are no absolutes in drafting, though, I'm as surprised as anyone that Ritzmann made the active roster.  He made some nice plays in the second half of the Lions game but I thought he was destined for the practice squad.

19381[/snapback]

Based on your logic, he would have been a keeper...came from TN, a big time program.