US News & World Report Best Places To Live

PromoTheRobot

Morrison is a great town, but be prepared for the real estate prices. It's like monopoly money out here. The sentiment the guy shared with you is so typical for Colorado... "I'm here, but no one else move here after me." If you ever seriously consider the area, hit me up, I'll be glad to share whatever I can.

That being said:

HAHAHA!!!! Number 11 my ass!!!!! Public transportation is a joke. Real estate is falsely inflated. Urban sprawl is out of control. No east/west arteries. Horrible layout and planning for roadways. Serious lack of road maintenance. All the flavor and originality of an Applebees! Colorado Springs at number 11 is just laughable. Denver and Colorado Springs, et al will still piss and moan that they aren't number 1.

Thanx!

I can imagine... I looked up population and it was like 500! I was man, I guess houses will be through the roof.

Looks like a nice "trout stream" flowing through town... Probably one of the inflows out of the foothills they use for catchment at he big reservoir (forget the name of that Corps facility) we saw along the interstate. I should really keep on eye for jobs there!

Man I got the mountain bug! ;-)

Honestly, I am more bothered by Austin's arrogance.

Don't mistake state and city pride for arrogance. I love this city and wholeheartedly believe it's the best place to live for me, but there are downsides. Our public transportation is non existent and traffic is awful, for example. But in general almost everything is satisfactory to awesome which is why I love it. The people, food, culture, economy are all great.

Edited by Chilly

Don't mistake state and city pride for arrogance. I love this city and wholeheartedly believe it's the best place to live for me, but there are downsides. Our public transportation is non existent and traffic is awful, for example. But in general almost everything is satisfactory to awesome which is why I love it. The people, food, culture, economy are all great.

I loved Austin when I lived there. Another downside, although I would arrogantly B-) disagree, is the heat. Or perhaps rather, it is that my girlfriend thinks it's too warm to move there :(

Oh yeah, another downside is that you gotta pay a bunch of money and spend a bunch of time in order to get back to WNY! :P