Bills to be a non factor next season

HOF

i saw the entire post.......and the rest of the post does not pertain to the point.......

the point is we have missed the playoffs 4 straight years........i don't care what type of team you are building -- win now, win later, win forever........4 years is a long time and 5 years is flat out unacceptable.........

no team that is managed properly should have to go 5 years with a new regime without making the playoffs.......that is unacceptable in my eyes, and i find it very sad that is acceptable in the eyes of some.......

254289[/snapback]

It should be remembered that Dick Vermeil won 9 games in his first 2 years as head coach of the Rams, before he steamrolled to the Super Bowl.

The reason this season won't matter as much as you want it to, is that the team admitted to the Gregg Williams mistake and this year to the Drew Bledsoe mistake. What that shows is an administration that isn't afraid to admit mistakes and make changes to fix them.

You're crying about not making playoffs, but this team was a play or two away from making playoffs in the toughest division in the league. Put this team in the NFC West in '04, and it runs away with the division title, and then gets steamrolled by Eagles.

There's every reason to believe that Bills will contend for the division title, whether with JP or a vet QB.

If they go with JP and finish 9-7 or 10-6 and still not make the playoffs, it won't be the end of the world and many would be happy out a performance like that from a baby QB. But by your analogy, the whole front office & coaching staff should be scrapped if that happens.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're crying about not making playoffs, but this team was a play or two away from making playoffs in the toughest division in the league.  Put this team in the NFC West in '04, and it runs away with the division title, and then gets steamrolled by Eagles.

254298[/snapback]

"Hell, we WON the NFC West this year!" -TD

Well, let me ask you this, though..........if you think long and hard about the last four years......do you REALLY think that TD was the problem? Can you not say that what TD has done to make the team better has clearly outweighed the decisions of his that did not work out? I just think that if you objectively look at the various components of the team since the 2001 season, TD has been much more a part of the solution than he has the problem. There are 32 teams in this league, and TD has been able to bring some pretty nice talent to a cold weather small market team that chances are many players aren't exactly dying to play for. TD has taken Price, Henry, and Bledsoe and replaced at LEAST two of the three with SUPERIOR playmakers. He's put together one of the best defenses in the league. He's had strong drafts and we're in very good cap shape. I just don't see how anyone can fault TD.......and I'm sure if you ask him, he'd tell you he's sick of not being in the playoffs, too. But he's also proved that he's more than willing to keep trying and making changes until he gets it right.......that is MORE than good enough for me.

254296[/snapback]

You're partly right. In all honesty, I feel like we would have already made the playoffs if we played in any other division outside this one. We all saw how the NFC West made Drew Bledsoe look like a Pro Bowler!

But the last sentence in your post really irks me. Read again what you posted... Trying hard shouldn't be "MORE than good enough." If I was the Bills GM, I GUARANTEE you that I would try VERY hard. But that doesn't mean you'd be content with me as your team's GM, does it?

You're partly right. In all honesty, I feel like we would have already made the playoffs if we played in any other division outside this one. We all saw how the NFC West made Drew Bledsoe look like a Pro Bowler!

But the last sentence in your post really irks me. Read again what you posted... Trying hard shouldn't be "MORE than good enough." If I was the Bills GM, I GUARANTEE you that I would try VERY hard. But that doesn't mean you'd be content with me as your team's GM, does it?

254304[/snapback]

Yeah, I figured that may be something that would come off wrong.......let me clarify it: It's more than good enough for me because I have complete faith that TD is capable of getting the job done.

Is that more reasonable?

without "my hero" Drew Bledsoe ( and al the controversy he "brings to the table" ) I see no reason why the Bills wil be more than the proverbial footnote next season!!!    Anyone disagree????

254211[/snapback]

Bledsoe is at best a mediocre quarterback which is what the Cowboys will be as a team next year; mediocre.