Who needs to win and lose this week

Capture.PNG

this weekend is way more important than next weekend for must-wins from other teams. even if week 17 doesn't completely go our way, we still have high percentages if everything happens in week 16.

Thanks man. Winning this is actually more reasonable then I thought! Gonna be a lot of hoping, but all those games could be won by those teams.

Let's go bills!!

Yikes needing Bengals after a heart wrenching loss to win and well needing a Jags win scary!

Bills don't necessarily need the JAX win.

They DO need CIN to beat Baltimore in Week 17, and either JAX or CIN to win this week. Good news though is that A.J. Green is expected to play this Saturday:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18332838/aj-green-cincinnati-bengals-says-play-five-weeks-hamstring-tear

As you may recall, he hurt his hamstring on the second play from scrimmage versus da Bills.

correction to this, the week 16 chiefs/broncos game outcome doesn't matter.

It is interesting how this one works out. If it comes down to BUF, MIA, and DEN all at 9-7, the tiebreakers dictate:

First we'd apply the division tiebreaker, which eliminates MIA (per previous discussion).

For the next tiebreaker, BUF and DEN are still tied with 6-6 conference records.

The next tiebreaker, "Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four", gets interesting.

BUF's/DEN's common games are versus CIN, JAX, NE*, and OAK. Currently, BUF is 3-2 in those games, and DEN is 2-2 in those games.

So if DEN gets to 9-7 via a win @KC and loss to OAK, then they're at 2-3 and BUF wins that tiebreaker.

But, if DEN gets to 9-7 via a loss @KC and win over OAK, then they're at 3-2, and we have to move to the next tiebreaker.

The next tiebreaker is Strength of Victory, and DEN would destroy BUF in that one.

So, I guess I was just curious why the DEN@KC game doesn't matter, and I figured out why. How cool am I???!!! B-)

Two notes:

Once again, I don't actually think all of this will happen; I just think it's neat.

Also, I discovered that the 538 predictor is way better than ESPN's or NYT's: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-nfl-predictions/