Rex vs Belichick First 8 Seasons as a HC

Dr.Sack

If not the best ever, he's top 3 with Walsh and Lombardi. I

He's a genuine student of the game, like both Walsh and Lombardi were.

And there is one thing he has on both of them. He has a willingness to change scheme/game plan in a moment's notice and exploit a weakness.

He can switch from 9 in the box to putting out 7 dbs from one series to another. He can go from 5 wide no huddle to running a big back up the middle for 10 straight plays. He's always looking to exploit a weakness.

I consider BB better the best because under the current system of the cap and player movements rosters are in a state of constant flux year to year.

I am a Walsh fan and recognize his genius on offense. The coach I have the highest regard for offensive innovation is Sid Gilliam. Lombardi had the best disciplined team. His approach was not as innovative as Walsh's, BB's and Gilliam's approaches were. Lombardi and his dictatorial approach to coaching would not work in today's era. That is not to detract from his incredible accomplishments.

Edited by JohnC

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BB knew what he had in Brady was special because in year one they kept FOUR QB's so Brady could develop as he was a raw talent back then. Year 2 he went from 4th string QB to the primary Backup and in week 2 he took over. The first 2 years as a starter the Pats had him as a game manager and by year 4 on the team he blossomed. So yes he was patient with Brady and allowed him to develop while having the D and RB carry the team.

As for why not draft him in the 1st round, they had a franchise QB who had started a SB and numerous playoff games.

Seriously...should we expect anything less from a Pats Fan? Give me a break. I just vomited.

They ran so much in his second year that his 601 pass attempts are his 5th highest in 16 years. As a matter of fact, his stats blossomed once the NFL became a passing league. His 2nd year stats are the same as year 4. JUST SAYING! Well, I'm not saying...The stats are saying:

http://www.nfl.com/player/tombrady/2504211/careerstats

Difference between Catholics and PatsFan? Nothing, they preach what they think is true!

Just for the numb to understand...BB is a joke and Brady is the man. In his second year he passed 601 times and had 28 TDs vs 14 Ints. That is phenomenal.

Edited by PO16FFS