Salary Cap to increase 10-15 million in 2017

bobobonators

P. Brown may be cheap but he also is not any good. By poison pill I mean a deal like Clay's that is structured to make it hard to match. Gilmore is worth the money. You may be correct about Woods and a rookie might produce just as well. The key to the off-season will be drafting a starter at safety.

Ah ok...regarding Preston, I just don't see any reason to get rid of him when he can be the backup to Reggie next year.

I'm on the fence with Gilmore--I think he's a very good corner, but I also believe that they may be able to pick up a Sam Shields or Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie-type cap casualty that can be an effective starter, cost less, and not count against the compensatory formula.

Zack Brown hasn't done enough to justify a big contract. He made some flash plays early in the year but lately has been displaying the lack of toughness and instincts that got him thrown into the bargain bin in the first place.

The Bills could really use an elite linebacker, whether it's for Rex's D or the next guy's. They need to find an Alec Ogletree/Sean Lee type who can run and chase all over the middle of the field and cover those two monster TEs in New England.

Like, say, Myles Jack? :lol:

RE: Tyrod ... You really think someone would sign a "stopgap starter" (your words) and guarantee him $27 mill if he stays one year and $40 if he's even on the roster in March before his second year? If so, I disagree.

And if we let him go before March this year he's not guaranteed the $27 mill, he's guaranteed nothing.

I think we're in a very good position to ask him to re-negotiate downwards.

Absolutely. I think there's a very good chance he'd get a Sam Bradford-type deal as a stopgap starter.