(OT) Anyone really follow Syracuse BB?

I just read that my Atlanta Hawks are looking at him in the draft as PG.  Does anyone hear follow Cuse BB enough to weigh in on whether he can play the point?  Does he have a consistent outside shot?

252056[/snapback]

I watch most of their games. Pace is very average. He has his moments, but he turns the ball over way too much to be a starting PG in the pros. He has no outside shot and gets most by driving to the rim. He is always out of position, getting too deep and it forces Mcnamarra to always fly back on defense. It's bad since Mac is the best shooter this laziness by Pace has forced Mac recently into some foul trouble in some games.

Pace is not a true point guard. he penetrates to get his shot from within 15 feet of the basket. he is a decent rebounder. No jump shot at all. Does not create for his teammates. I would be surprised to see he averages more than 2 assists per game. He really contributed during the championship year, but very inconsistent since.

I watch all SU games and am an alum. Pace is (as mentioned) a good college player, but not cut out for the Pros. I will say though that Pace is a very hard worker, lays his body on the floor when he has to...Fills up the stat sheet with rebounds, assists, a few steals, a fair amount of points, and has excellent touch from 6' to 12' out. He is a decent but not a special distributor of the ball. He is a terrible foul shooter and long range shooter. Though he does not turn the ball over nearly as much as mentioned earlier and has actually played much more within the offense this season than Gmac has. Gmac has cost the cuse atleast 2 games this season by foolishly putting up long desperate shots early on in the shot clock without any attempt to run the offense ( And I love Gmac but it is what it is). Gmac has also taken some peculiar stretches in games (particularly second halves) where he has seemingly forgotton to get Warrick's hands on the rock.