The official Marcellus Wiley sucks thread

ROCCEO

Marcellus Wiley has been released everybody! OMG, the bills should sign him back!

............actually, that wouldn't be such a great idea BECAUSE HE SUCKS ASS!!!

The guy never did anything after he left Buffalo. It's been 4 YEARS folks. A loit can happen to a DE in 4 years and Wiley has shown that none of the things which happenned to him were positive(besides his bank account).

Seemed to me he didn't like playing in buffalo anyhow. Especialy after he went back home to cali

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4508

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, will people stop suggesting that we resign wiley or that it would be some type of genius plan. Kelsay = better than wiley at this point.

who knows, maybe he if came back to buffalo he could regain that QB molestation magic, but it seems more likely that he won't.

The guy never did anything after he left Buffalo.  It's been 4 YEARS folks.  A loit can happen to a DE in 4 years and Wiley has shown that none of the things which happenned to him were positive(besides his bank account).

Umm, actually, if you look at the link you provided, he had 13 sacks the year AFTER he left Buffalo. So, it's been 3 years since he has done anything.

2 of those years were off because of injury. He has had a tough time coming back.

who knows, maybe he if came back to buffalo he could regain that QB molestation magic, but it seems more likely that he won't.

The fact that he "might" come back and play to old form is reason enough to talk about him. Every single post I've seen in favor of him is quickly followed by "as long as he comes cheap". No one here has said "lets break the bank to bring him back. He'll play great once he gets back to Buffalo!!!!!"

Maybe last year is the Wiley that will linger around the league until he decides to retire...but maybe not.

He was overrated when he was here.  He was overpaid to leave.    How is he better than Shobel or Kelsay now?

250299[/snapback]

I'll have to grab a highlight of teams that blow up our right side on running plays.

I would take Wiley over Schobel on any day. Plus, last I checked, Kelsay's great talent still hasn't been able to move the future HOFer Denney out of the starting lineup.

no offense, but have you guys even been watching the same team I have?

Kelsay supplanted Denney in the starting lineup this year. By mid-year he was taking the majority of those snaps. Also, if that wasn't enough he clearly out-produced Denney this year and pressured/hit the QB more often.

Also, as best I can tell, Marcellus Wiley never missed more than 2 games in teh past 4 years in any given year. Last year he missed those games because he was ON THE BENCH i believe. So I'm not sure which DE you were thinking about.

Was he good? yeah he used to be alright. But he sucks now, even if he comes cheap he doesnt really offer much.

and as for this stroke of genius " Maybe last year is the Wiley that will linger around the league until he decides to retire...but maybe not."......is that even a sentance?

You'd seriously take Wiley over Schobel? Why don't we just exhume Reggie White's corpse and line it up at end......(btw I know I'm going to hell).

I'll have to grab a highlight of teams that blow up our right side on running plays. 

I would take Wiley over Schobel on any day.  Plus, last I checked, Kelsay's great talent still hasn't been able to move the future HOFer Denney out of the starting lineup.

250322[/snapback]

your wrong on two counts:

1) schobel has improved greatly in his run defense and is not a weak point in that area anymore.........he has seen his tackles increase each and every year in the league.........in fact, he was third among DL in tackles last year because he made so many plays in the running game....

2) kelsey is firmly entrenched as the starter.......wake up.....

i don't know why anyone thinks wiley would want to come back to buffalo at the league minimum to sit 3rd or 4th on the depth chart........our top 2 are locked in.......

your wrong on two counts:

1) schobel has improved greatly in his run defense and is not a weak point in that area anymore.........he has seen his tackles increase each and every year in the league.........in fact, he was third among DL in tackles last year because he made so many plays in the running game....

Schobel's improvement in the run game does not remove him from being a weak point in the run defense. Simple physics tell you that a 300+ lb tackle will be able to handle a 262 lb DE, and generally they have.

2) kelsey is firmly entrenched as the starter.......wake up.....

i don't know why anyone thinks wiley would want to come back to buffalo at the league minimum to sit 3rd or 4th on the depth chart........our top 2 are locked in.......

251011[/snapback]

If firmly entrenched means that he plays one series and Denney goes in for an alternating series where they are basically in on equal number of defensive plays, you got me.

Our DEs are the liability of this defense, and a simple addition of Marcellus or Vonnie Holliday at a very friendly cap deal will greatly improve the DL.