Watkins trade has created ripple effect of dysfunction

Big Blitz

I'll preface this by saying by no means is Sammy a bust and that the trade won't pay off and Sammy not fulfill expectations. But right now this is a disaster.

The trade has been a black cloud over the franchise. In making the trade and the success of other WRS in that class (especially that) it's created an irrational atmosphere of urgency around the organization that led to:

1. Marrone and Whaley fallout

2. EJ not being developed properly and then going with Kyle Orton--bc we had an elite D.

3. A lot of pressure on Sammy (he's clearly felt it---think his insta post last year)...especially as others from that class have become studs

4. So pressure mounts on Whaley. God only knows how this has impacted him and his decisions.

5. Marrone quitting leaving us with no QB and no 2015 first round pick making the job unattractive for an offensive Coach to want the job

6. So we hire Rex likely bc Brandon and Pegula wanted to sell tickets

7. Team proceeds to get worse. Elite D is now a hot mess.

8. Sammy gets hurt in 2016 off season and we aren't told about it until after a draft where we got no help at WR and no backup plan for Tyrod. Who btw may also be feeling the pressure with 10s of millions at stake for a contract we probably should never have given him.

9. Sammy has likely re-injured the foot, they don't want to say so yet bc it's too early in the season to depress the fan base....already missing Dareus and our top 2 draft picks.

10. The trade was the beginning of this 2 plus year run of overhyped expectations for a team not close to a super bowl and everyone from the owner to the GM to the coach are all selling this "the time is now playoffs or bust" nonsense that actual winning teams don't do. And the fans are losing their minds. And I don't blame them.

This whole thing looks ridiculous.

He probably is going to need a second surgery. You don't hobble around out there like that bc you're sore. I'm just not buying it; I don't want to buy that bc he's making himself look soft and the team look stupid.

After injuring his foot in week 1 last year Dez came back around week 9 or 10 then they shut him down in week 16 and he needed another surgery. Sammy is probably headed toward that and they all know it. It's deflating.

And that's on Whaley. He knew all this in late April and could have prepared by drafting say Fuller in round 1.

The team could have had Sammy sit out the first month and use September as his camp---Julio Jones warned Dez about coming back too soon. This looks like Sammy did. They should have been extra cautious. Now the odds are increasing he could miss the season and I'm solely basing this on what happened with Dez and Julio.

And all this should cost everyone their jobs.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Edited by Big Blitz