old uniforms

are we getting our old uniforms back (superbowl days). i heard this somewhere, cant remember if it was the bills or sabres or either

249341[/snapback]

Sabres: a revamped version of our old Blue and Gold jerseys, like they should have done instead of going to the Red and Black Adelphia colors.

Sabres: a revamped version of our old Blue and Gold jerseys, like they should have done instead of going to the Red and Black Adelphia colors.

249343[/snapback]

Did I miss something? Don't we need a league first that is actually playing?

BUt is there an actual plan for the 2005-2006 all-Replacement Stanley Cup champion Buffalo Sabres to don blues and golds?

249357[/snapback]

:blink:

Wouldn't that be ironic, after 40 years, Buffalo finally brings home a major professional championship and it is done with scabs?

<_<

:lol:

Wouldn't that be ironic, after 40 years, Buffalo finally brings home a major professional championship and it is done with scabs?

:doh:

249359[/snapback]

Would it really be scabs if it was 85% of the current NHLPA members? The Union is lead by a select few who call the shots for the entire membership body. If they had a vote to accept the NHL's final offer, at least 75% of the PA would vote to agree.

Once you put your request in to change your uniform/logo, you need to give the league a one year notice. Golisano said he wouldn't bother the league until they finish the important business at hand. But yes, Blue and Gold are coming back soon ... that is ... if the NHL comes back.

Can someone post a link, I'd like to see these for myself.

249594[/snapback]

Link? There is no link to post.

#1. These things are kept secret from the public until they choose to unveil it. I don't believe they are 100% finished either, although I'm told that Larry Quinn has a prototype in his office.

#2. If it was finished and 100% ready to go, there would obviously have to be much hoopla and grandstanding about it. Do you think that will happen during the lockout?

As I mentioned before, I'm 99% sure that if we have a season next year, they still need to keep their goatheads. The league needs a year or more notice to prepare their future media and promotional marketing materials.

Link? There is no link to post.

#1. These things are kept secret from the public until they choose to unveil it. I don't believe they are 100% finished either, although I'm told that Larry Quinn has a prototype in his office.

Secrets... Just like the secret labor plan to replace the players with androids from Mars? heh heh heh :doh:

Makes you wonder what other secrets are being kept.

I guess secrets is a bad word in this case since most if not all of the people who work for and/or deal with the Sabres know of the plans to change the jerseys/logo.

Golisano also spoke about it a while back saying that would be one of his priorities ... restoring the tradition of Blue and Gold.

But again, can replacement players be called replacement players if they are already current members of the NHLPA. There will be a massive amount of players cross the line.