Henry For Shelton - agreed in principal

I can't see Hamilton as a fit in our system at all simply because of his dimunitive size and Garza, Mayberry and Anderson in '04 were seives in pass protection compared to the top OGs. DeMulling is a big contributor in the Indy offense because he's got such good technique in pass protection, IMO our real need though is for a power run blocker first- a guy along the lines of CVillarial. I think you get that with either of the Green Bay OGS and Andruzzi is tough to argue against: Dixon is the wild card- does he have the gas left in his tank to perform at the level he has for 11 seasons? He seems to be getting bigger every year and that will no doubt catch up with him. Question is will it be in '05?

249014[/snapback]

the comparison was to what we have.......i.e. tucker and smith

all would be UPGRADES over those two......

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the comparison was to what we have.......i.e. tucker and smith

all would be UPGRADES over those two......

249021[/snapback]

If we were simply looking to upgrade from those two I'm guessing our 5th round pick might take care of that ;-)

Actually with a real dedication in the off-season to the old "Bob Lanier" strategy of jumping rope 7 hours a day between sprints might just help Mr. Smith on his way to playing productive ball in the NFL. He strikes me as struggling too much with his basic coordination and that's not necessarily a fatal flaw if he's willing to bust his butt to overcome it. It's possible his reactions will prove less than NFL caliber but it wouldn't surprise me to see his struggles so far dissipate. The trenches of the NFL are a tough enough assignment for a starter from Michigan let alone a raw kid who played at Tennessee State with a stop in NFLE as his best training prior to what amounted to his rookie season last year.