(OT) Anyone else watch extreme makeovers

envirojeff

It's more that the fans of the show have questions about it, that haven't been answered. Like I want to know when they are showing up at 7am, why is everyone up and dressed? They must have some idea that something is supposed to happen that morning.

248128[/snapback]

"Good Morning Stojan Family"....

me: "Ty, if you come anywhere near my door with the hangover that I have, I will beat your scrawny ass and shove that loud ass megaphone where it will never see the light of day again. Now go to dunkin donuts, get my ass some coffee, and when you come back with that and a box of donuts, i MIGHT be out of bed with more than just a pair of boxers on."

I did like the show but the more opulent the houses become, the more it turns me off. The one with the girl who had Krabbe's was kind of the beginning of the end and this weeks pretty much cinched it.

5300 SF with all that crap in it? Uh, OK. Probably couldn't have built 3 nice houses for deserving families instead of one mansion for 4 people. [/sarcasm]

My sisters a CPA and she told me whenever you receive a gift like that (win a car, house paid off, etc) you get slammed with a massive tax bill.  Wonder how that works.

247827[/snapback]

What they actually do is lease the home and land from the family for the week that they are building. There is a lease home improvement loop hole where ABC can do and build what ever they want, but because they are leasing the property, the owners pay zero tax on the "improvements" taking place.

I watch this show because I feel that spending advertising revenue on building new homes for people is far more positive than watching them eat disgusting animal body parts or $10,000 engagement rings and rose ceremonies.

248282[/snapback]

you could just not watch tv you know