ads on jerseys

nucci

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-ads-jerseys-advertisements-nba-76ers-stubhub-051616

There's no sanctity to the sports jersey. Wearing Apple's apple won't somehow besmirch the game of football any more than Tom Brady has. "But it'll look tacky," a grown man dressed in the football jersey of a team for which he doesn't play says without irony.

I hope many years down the road cheating in football will be as represented by Tom Brady and the Pats* as Chicago White Sox is to cheating for baseball.

At to point 1: The commercial time allotted in games has been negotiated by the NFL and the networks that bring you games to your flatscreen TV for free. It has been this way for decades.

Point 2: The NFL certainly is behind fantasy football--it increases the value of ad time on broadcasts and therefore increases the value of the TV contracts. They don't profit from Drafkings profits. "King Roger" has no meaningful input as to whether there is a team in Las Vegas (there was never a convincing or even cogent argument against it anyway)--it will be Terry and 23 or more other owners who will say it's just fine with them. Your take on the government granting the NFL gambling rights to the NFL in particular is just too goofy to respond to.

Point 3: what power has the league gained from legislative halls that other major sports have not?

Point 4: the NFL didn't "miss the point"--I just pretty sure that they did not get involved with mis-naming Native Americans "Indians" and don't feel it's their job to change that. You clearly missed the point that they are called the Washington "Redskins", not the "Indians" and the derogatory name would have existed even if "Indian" never did.

Your last paragraph gets all the extra points for pure ranting lunacy.

Stepping slowly away.........indeed.

And yet...it hasn't. How do you therefore explain this?

I love this kind of logic: the owners are so greedy that they have ignored the easiest way possible to make money (ads on jerseys)!

You think it hasn't happened b/c the owners respect the "sanctity of the uniform" or some such nonsense?

The idiots probably didn't think of it yet. Your typical NFL owner doesn't strike me as being tuned into progressive European approaches to anything, including professional sports revenue streams.

Have you ever seen these guys?