(OT) Charlotte is Great

NCDAWG

Ive never lived in the south but have visited a few times and always enjoyed the people and the geography. Ive said to my wife several times that if we had to move from here the Carolina's would be at the top of the list. It makes me angry to hear media types talk down about the south and stereotype it. I always thought it would be a great place to live.

Compared to fla, the true south is awesome...values and qualities admired by us "northerners". Everyone says hi..I love it. In fl you could be having a heart attack and people would step over you to get on with life.

Compared to fla, the true south is awesome...values and qualities admired by us "northerners".  Everyone says hi..I love it.  In fl you could be having a heart attack and people would step over you to get on with life.

246350[/snapback]

Depends on where in FL, I guess. I moved to Deland from Northern CA a few months back, and the difference has been amazing. I've met some of the nicest, most polite, well-mannered people ever here. Could be just a 'newbie' thing, I knew plenty of nice folks in CA, but it just seems to be more common amongst strangers here. On the other side of the coin, the ratio of people you don't want to know doesn't seem any higher here than anywhere else I've ever lived.

Yeah but deland is central fl a much more rural part of fl. Anything south of palm city is really growing too rapidly. I came from palm beach county, and the people are so stuck on themselves it is sickining...like all else this is a generalization based on my experiences. I am not saying there are not great people in the state of fl, but based on my experiences of 25 years as a floridian, I have seen many changes for the worse, and not many for the better.

Ain't that the truth.... I lived in Charleston, SC for 9 years and literally not a day goes by that you can't pick up the daily paper and find at least one, if not several references to the "Great War of Northern Agression"....  Always loved it when I'd get into the damn yankee discussions and they'd hit me with "the souths gonna do it again.... and I'd just look at them and say .... what?? ... lose??

245628[/snapback]

Charlotte is awesome. I have lived her for over a year now. It is not really the south it is a bunch of people from the north living together in a warmer cleaner city.