How the Weekly Standard can be stopped.

First: http://www.weeklystandard.com/how-trump-can-be-stopped/article/2001595

I mean, they aren't even trying anymore.

For the leftists here? This is what YOU look/sound like, when I say you are Butthurt. I mean, be happy! This is one of the very few times in the last 10 years that you aren't the butthurt people/total failure in the story. You aren't on the winning side, but, at least this time you don't have to defend yet another round of idiocy. You can sit quietly, or talk amongst yourselves.

How many more articles are we going to read from these clowns, none of which is any different from the articles they ran 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 month ago?

Put the shovel down.

And it's not just these clowns. Please understand: 10s of Ks of people in DC derive their living from having "ACCESS" to the POTUS, or this advisor or that one. Trump wins, and many of these people are out of a job. It's really as simple as that. It's self-interest/self-preservation.

It has to be fun for the left to see the phonies on the right squirm, for once, doesn't it?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

So you're saying that the magazine dedicated to conservative cause should embrace their inner trump?

No, I'm saying what I said: This is what Butthurt looks like.

They have a conservative candidate in Cruz, and he's dedicated to the conservative cause as much as anyone in the USA. So, what's their problem?

1 thing, and 1 thing only: they didn't get their moderate, electable, election-losing Romney clone, and they are butthurt, period.

No, I'm saying what I said: This is what Butthurt looks like.

They have a conservative candidate in Cruz, and he's dedicated to the conservative cause as much as anyone in the USA. So, what's their problem?

1 thing, and 1 thing only: they didn't get their moderate, electable, election-losing Romney clone, and they are butthurt, period.

For someone who pontificates so much, I'd figure you'd do some reasearch.

What's the lead story on the site this weekend?

Oh yes, a piece imploring the recent dropouts to get behind Cruz. But why would you bother reading stories that don't fit your narrative?

After the bottom dropped out of Marco Rubio's campaign on March 5, Rubio could have gotten out of the race and cleared the way for Cruz. Instead, he stayed in and cost Cruz North Carolina and Missouri. Too late.
And now Republicans might be late again. Arizona and Utah vote next week. Ted Cruz should win Utah handily. Arizona is very much in play. Republicans and the Cruz campaign—and at this point, those two groups are practically synonymous ...

For someone who pontificates so much, I'd figure you'd do some reasearch.

What's the lead story on the site this weekend?

Oh yes, a piece imploring the recent dropouts to get behind Cruz. But why would you bother reading stories that don't fit your narrative?

Yeah...and it's not like my opinion of their their article, when they posted it, wasn't pervasive. So, after hysterical hit-piece didn't work, NOW they move on to Cruz. Lead story? :lol: Try Plan B.

Or, perhaps we are at Plan M by now? So, what are you saying, Mr. Timestamp(speaking of research, I suggest you begin there)? I need to invent a time machine and jump ahead to figure out what Plan M will entail...24 hours from now? Or, that I should bug their conference room, so I can know about their next big plan...of the day...before they post it?

Like it or not, that's what your silly argument demands, for it to be valid. So...yeah. :rolleyes: The question: "How Weekly Standard cam be stopped?" Remains, unscathed.

The facts are...still:

1. They lost, and remain butthurt

2. They have lost about half their standing, and are seeing losing the other half...but that is only what they are seeing, it's not what is really there. Does Donald Trump really mean an end to the conservative movement? Did Barry Goldwater? How about Ronald Reagan?

See, this is what happens when principles are confused with values. Some, not all, of WS's values were held up to scrutiny by voters, and have failed. Rubio stated it. That's it. This is something Obama does not get either. He is princple/value confuser-in-chief.

3. Standing refers to the DC zero sum, machine culture, in which there are fixed pieces, and only so many are allowed. Every little piece aspires to be a big piece, but that only happens if a big piece is torn out by force, and little piece hopes to jump into the hole. Trouble arises because often little piece isn't designed to fill the hole. So, we need workarounds...which is how government "creates jobs". People, and often consultants, are hired to make up for a piece's design faults. And, there are only so many "member" pieces to the machine: nobody else is allowed to be in the club. If the machine grows, it's not because pieces are added, it's because each piece gets bigger. Some a lot, some a little. The little support people aren't pieces. They are "budget". And when you cut the "budget", you "shut down the government". That is the contract between the pieces and the little people.

#3 is precisely what has been going on since Reagan left office. Now we have this massive machine, with huge parts, and egos to match. Don't be confused: the Weekly Standard is as much part of the machine as the EPA. Sure Obama promised to review each and every piece of the machine. But, Obama was never a real threat to the machine. "Transformative" meant "get bigger", which is why the machine welcomed him.

Ted Cruz is no friend of the machine. Based on the WS's supposed values: Ted Cruz is the PERFECT candidate. So...why haven't they been on board from day 1? Why the need to beseech others to join Ted Cruz now, when all they are really asking for is to follow a true R? Because the machine realizes that there's a glimmer of hope with Cruz: they know the IRS is doomed, but that doesn't mean the entire machine is doomed.

The only fact that really matters:

4. Trump will destroy the entire machine, period. Then he will build a different one. OH, we'll still have an FBI, an Army, a Navy, etc. But as for all the rest? It's in the air. Do you really think the people at HHS, or specifically CMS, see any job security whatsoever, in President Trump? Have you seen, in one of my many pontifications, my links CMS's "work product"? :lol: You should know this: very few people are truly surprised when they get fired.

Thus, the machine is fighting for its life. I don't blame them. It's a lot to lose.

However, I do despise them, because they never should have had any of it in the first place. They "didn't build that": They stole the raw materials to create the machine from all of us.

Edited by OCinBuffalo