Teddy Bruschi

webtoe

I would not even be bringing this up if it did not look like Teddy was going to be okay, but...

Does anybody think Milloy's comments regarding playing for the money versus Championships make a little more sense.

These guys play a violent game, that can be taken away from them in an instant. I do not begrudge anybody for taking the money when they have the opportunity, most other things being equal.

Also, winning Championships depends on a whole host of factors that are not under an individual's control. To bypass the opportunity at making more money, or volunteering to take a lot less money, to take that chance is foolish.

Of course if LM had come here and underperformed I probably would not feel the same way, but I do not believe anybody can fault his effort.

I would not even be bringing this up if it did not look like Teddy was going to be okay, but...

Does anybody think Milloy's comments regarding playing for the money versus Championships make a little more sense. 

These guys play a violent game, that can be taken away from them in an instant.  I do not begrudge anybody for taking the money when they have the opportunity, most other things being equal.

Also, winning Championships depends on a whole host of factors that are not under an individual's control.  To bypass the opportunity at making more money, or volunteering to take a lot less money, to take that chance is foolish.

Of course if LM had come here and underperformed I probably would not feel the same way, but I do not believe anybody can fault his effort.

245013[/snapback]

I really think a Super Bowl victory is more important to us, the fans, than it is to many of the players (now, I said many - not most, the majority, or all, so settle down). But Milloy could have easily gone his whole career without ever saying that.

I agree, I really can't fault someone for taking twice as much money for a job. Lawyer's comment was stupid the way he said it, but the fact is he left a team that missed the playoffs and went to a team that paid him more and appeared to be on the upswing as well.