Top pick in Keeper League

The Jokeman

I'm in a 10 team Keeper Catch Performance League (ie All TDs are worth 6 pts, Each reception is worth 1 pt and a prorated bonus on yards gained) and my draft is coming up soon and have questions on who to use the top pick on. My keepers are Domanick Davis, Santana Moss and Derrick Mason. I'm leading to taking a RB first overall and need help to choose which RB to choose.

All summer long I was eyeing Kevan Barlow with the pick. Now he has the hip injury which concerns me slighly. Now looking for help to decide whether to use the pick.

Should I take Barlow or Chris Brown, Fred Taylor, Rudi Johnson or Corey Dillon?

I would go with Taylor or Barlow. Yes, they're a little banged up, but when healthy, they will rack up the points. Who knows if Rudi or Chris Brown can last a full year as the starter? Dillon will be a good player for the Pats, but won't be a number one fantasy starter, as their offense is way too balanced.

Fred Taylor seems to have gotten past his injuries. He just finished his second straight injury-free season, one in which he rushed for over 1,500 yards. I think I'd take him. One to keep a lookout for: Kevin Jones. My brother is also in a keeper league and told me that Jones was the top pick in their draft.

Fred Taylor seems to have gotten past his injuries.  He just finished his second straight injury-free season, one in which he rushed for over 1,500 yards.  I think I'd take him.  One to keep a lookout for:   Kevin Jones.  My brother is also in a keeper league and told me that Jones was the top pick in their draft.

18545[/snapback]

Taylor's my 2nd choice behind Barlow but may not be there as there's a chance he could be kept. Kevin Jones is definately on my list but not with the top pick. Yet with the way Chris Brown been tearing it up in the preseason it made me explore my options.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.