HOF Quarterbacks discussion

While we wait for a FA period that won't include the Bills much lets discuss HOF QBs....

Is Bradshaw underrated?

I always thought Aikman was a bit overrated but he was as surgical as Montana in the playoffs.

And what about Griese? Stabler won two MVP's? I had no idea. Stabler had more yards and same number of TD's that Griese did. SuperBowls count too much.

Would anyone put Eli Manning in the HOF?

Happy Day!

Post-Unitas:

1. Brady

2. Montana

3. Manning

4. Favre

5. Elway

6. Marino (but those three are VERY close- I could go along with them being in any order)

Then you got Rodgers, Young, Bradshaw, Aikman, Brees, Roethlisberger in some order.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I can only really comment on the era I have watched the game... so about 15 years....

Undisputed 1st ballot guys:

Brady

P. Manning

Favre

Going into the Hall:

Rodgers

Rothlisberger

Brees

Warner

(Rodgers and even Big Ben could yet force themselves into the first ballot discussion - imagine if Ben wins another SB... 3 in his career on 3 pretty different Steeler teams? That could be first ballot worthy)

Question mark:

Eli Manning

Maybe one day:

Russell Wilson

Andrew Luck

(Wilson obviously further down that road but too early to know for either)

Hall of very good:

Philip Rivers

Edited by GunnerBill

Post-Unitas:

1. Brady

2. Montana

3. Manning

4. Favre

5. Elway

6. Marino (but those three are VERY close- I could go along with them being in any order)

Then you got Rodgers, Young, Bradshaw, Aikman, Brees, Roethlisberger in some order.

I'd switch Brady and Montana but yeah. This.

I would put Young above Marino. His stats are still awesome while sitting for so long. However, Marino in this era would throw for 6000 yards. And what is even more crazy, is Clayton and Duper woudl be perfect WR's for this era too.

I'm looking for more thoughts on those lower tier guys liek Bradshaw, Griese, and even Staubach. Was Staubach really that good or did he benefit from playing for the Cowboys as much as Aikman did.

Bart Starr just gets a pass. I can't tell you if he was any good or not, if Dawson was a better QB or not - but it just doesn't matter with that team, that HC, and those championsips.