House passes class-action tort reform

Just heard on CBS radio news that the House agreed with last week's Senate Bill (with 8 Dem votes) that put class-action suits into the federal courts, effectively stopping the shopping around for state courts and gullible juries.

The CBS report also said that some Democrats are upset because it will reduce lawyer's income.

Ah, the party of the people... :devil:

Just heard on CBS radio news that the House agreed with last week's Senate Bill (with 8 Dem votes) that put class-action suits into the federal courts, effectively stopping the shopping around for state courts and gullible juries.

The CBS report also said that some Democrats are upset because it will reduce lawyer's income.

Ah, the party of the people... :devil:

243950[/snapback]

Poor mouthpieces. <_<

I think that alot of really nice people worked hard to get this bill passed. They deserve alot of credit.

Not everyone is perfect, but as long as we all try hard, then good things should happen. All of this republican and democrate nonesense is for the birds......I think that all people in politics are nice people and they should be trsuted and appreciated more. They are doing the work of the people.

God Bless them.

Does this mean I won't hit the jackpot by suing Peter Pan PB for almost dying when I has a peanut allergy?

246135[/snapback]

Yes. The Peter Pan brand has been recently revived, but it was off of the market as a national brand for over 20 years. You would have to sue the ma and pa outfits that kept the brand alive.

PS: Were I Ma and Pa and you did that, you would soon be on ice...what's to lose? :w00t: