Charlotte NC

Ruffalo1

Anybody know of any bars I can watch the games at in Charlotte.  I'm moving there from Jesery this summer.  If anybody knows of good places to watch with some Bills fans let me know!

243430[/snapback]

I just moved to Charlotte as well after living in Cleveland and having season tix (which i plan on keeping). Tavern on the Tracks is the Bills Backers home here and I hear it gets pretty full for the games. Good Buffalo wings as well as the western NY specialty of Beef on Weck. And as a bonus you will find many of the panthers, their coaches, cheerleaders and Bobcats cheerleaders frequent the place since they are supplied with discount cards.

I just moved to Charlotte as well after living in Cleveland and having season tix (which i plan on keeping). Tavern on the Tracks is the Bills Backers home here and I hear it gets pretty full for the games. Good Buffalo wings as well as the western NY specialty of Beef on Weck. And as a bonus you will find many of the panthers, their coaches, cheerleaders and Bobcats cheerleaders frequent the place since they are supplied with discount cards.

243515[/snapback]

Thanks for the info I have to check that place out when I get there!

Anybody know of any bars I can watch the games at in Charlotte.  I'm moving there from Jesery this summer.  If anybody knows of good places to watch with some Bills fans let me know!

243430[/snapback]

Hey Ruffalo1

I've lived in Charlotte 14 years....the best place to watch games is the Township Grille.

The owner is from Kenmore, the wings rock and the Genny Cream is ice cold.

We'll need lots of beer with a rookie QB.

You'll find Charlotte has lots of fans from other NFL cities and has large fan bases other

than the Panthers...a franchise committed to .500 with the worst fans in the NFL.

KGS14

Hey Ruffalo1

I've lived in Charlotte 14 years....the best place to watch games is the Township Grille.

The owner is from Kenmore, the wings rock and the Genny Cream is ice cold.

We'll need lots of beer with a rookie QB.

You'll find Charlotte has lots of fans from other NFL cities and has large fan bases other

than the Panthers...a franchise committed to .500 with the worst fans in the NFL.

KGS14

249376[/snapback]

KGS14

Thanks for the heads up. Where is the Township Grille at? I'm not too familiar with Charlotte yet, but I sure will find it.

Thanks

"I've lived in Charlotte 14 years....the best place to watch games is the Township Grille.

The owner is from Kenmore, the wings rock and the Genny Cream is ice cold."

Well not exactly. Kurt from Kenmore who owned the bar for years sold in the late 90's to a couple from Cincinnati. They kept the food and Friday fish fry. It's still a Bills bar and usually packed for games.

Rumor has it that Tavern on the Tracks was just sold to Panthers punter Todd Sauerbrun. NO idea if they are keeping the Bills theme. The orginal owners are from Bflo - good food.

A new place that opened up in Fort Mill, SC called the Fort Mill Travern. Nice Sports bar with good food. The owners are from Buffalo with a ton of Bills stuff on the walls. I'm sure they will have the games on.

What part of Charlotte do you plan on living? Some of the posters are correct about Panthers fans, very fair weathered.

"I've lived in Charlotte 14 years....the best place to watch games is the Township Grille.

Well not exactly. Kurt from Kenmore who owned the bar for years sold in the late 90's to a couple from Cincinnati. They kept the food and Friday fish fry. It's still a Bills bar and usually packed for games.

Rumor has it that Tavern on the Tracks was just sold to Panthers punter Todd Sauerbrun. NO idea if they are keeping the Bills theme. The orginal owners are from Bflo - good food.

A new place that opened up in Fort Mill, SC called the Fort Mill Travern. Nice Sports bar with good food. The owners are from Buffalo with a ton of Bills stuff on the walls. I'm sure they will have the games on.

What part of Charlotte do you plan on living? Some of the posters are correct about Panthers fans, very fair weathered.

251690[/snapback]

Thanks for update BillsFaninNC!!!!

The Fort Mill Tavern sounds good!

Ruffalo1....The Township Grille in on East Independence...just over the Charlotte line into Matthews.

KGS14

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

251690[/snapback]

It was KIRK Weaver, a HELL of a nice guy... his brother is really hilarious if you ever meet him. Scotty the cook knows what he is doing. :w00t:

The Township Grille is a SUPER place to watch a Bills game... the food is STILL so good. It is so easy to reach, because it is right off the Independence Blvd/NC 51 cloverleaf (used to be intersection) :D

Guest Guest

243430[/snapback]

I moved here about four years ago and Tavern on the Tracks is the best place in Charlotte for Bills games. Township Grill is ok, but Tavern's food is way better. I have had the beef on weck, fish, and wings at both places, at Tavern's is way more authentic. Their portion sizes are easily double of Township and the quality is way better. They have $2 Labatt Blues during the games too and you can get points by joining the Bills frequent viewer club. It actually is much too crowded for me in there during the games, but I go to the place a lot outside of the games and I have seen many of the Panthers in there. The Charlotte Checkers also almost always go there after their games to eat. People also mention Big Al's too, but people I know that have been to both prefer the Tavern. One thing is for sure, you will find no shortage of people from Buffalo here.

Guest Guest
I moved here about four years ago and Tavern on the Tracks is the best place in Charlotte for Bills games.  Township Grill is ok, but Tavern's food is way better.  I have had the beef on weck, fish, and wings at both places, at Tavern's is way more authentic.  Their portion sizes are easily double of Township and the quality is way better.  They have $2 Labatt Blues during the games too and you can get points by joining the Bills frequent viewer club.  It actually is much too crowded for me in there during the games, but I go to the place a lot outside of the games and I have seen many of the Panthers in there.  The Charlotte Checkers also almost always go there after their games to eat.  People also mention Big Al's too, but people I know that have been to both prefer the Tavern.  One thing is for sure, you will find no shortage of people from Buffalo here.

257842[/snapback]

Oh yeah, Todd Saurbraun does have an interest in Tavern on the tracks, but he is not the sole owner. The other 3 guys still own part of it. Danny, who is not actually from Buffalo, but did live there for a while, just opened Town tavern at Fort Mill and the food is nearly identical to Tavern on the Tracks, which is great. It is not really a Bills themed bar as they seem to be going more for the casual dining restuarant crowd. You willl still find some Bills paraphernelia in there though.

• 7 years later...