[closed]Embarrassing.

16 years. Over a decade and a half of futility. How is this even possible in this day in age of free agency, salary caps etc.?

I've been a fan of this team since the mid 80s. And no, unlike a lot of hot headed fans on this day, I'm not going to make the mistake of saying I'm "turning in my fan card" or "I'm done".

It's easy to get caught up in the emotion of another lost season. I get it. But I, like so many of you, have been through a lot of heartbreak and letdown from this organization since that infamous last playoff game in Nashville in 1999.

I'm married to this team. They cannot possibly break my heart anymore. I'm unphased by anything this team does (or doesn't do, for that matter). And I couldn't possibly bring myself to route or follow another team in my lifetime.

Call it a glutten for punishment, or what have you, but I'm a Bills fan til the good lord calls my name.

However, I will say this: The Buffalo Bills are the biggest embarrassment in professional sports right now.

Yes, there are the 1-24 Philadelphia 76ers right now. There was the 2008 winless Detroit Lions, and I'm sure there are other franchises I'm leaving out within the last 16 years, but if there are, in fact, fans of this team that legitimately "done" with the Bills, I have a message for all of you:

I don't blame you one bit.l!

Recently, I made a post on this message board and summarized (to the best of my ability) how unbelievably and inexplicably this team has missed the playoffs in 16 years.

However, this season in particular has made it very difficult to continue my fandom of this team. My patience was tested this season probably more than any other in these 16 years.

We all knew what we were getting last January when the Rex Ryan hire was made. And whether any of you admit it or not, it got us excited! This was the guy that was supposed to make an already formitable defence from a year ago into "one of the best ever".

We also were blindly promised by the former coach of our rival that we were "going" (to the playoffs).

Added to this was the addition of LeSean McCoy and Percy Garvin. While McCoy has certainly lived up to at least the majority of the hype, Harvin vanished into relative obscurity.

Sammy Watkins, when given the opportunity, showed exactly what kind of weapon he could be this year.

So, where did it all go wrong (again)?! How did all of this talent go to waste? Because it was put in the hands of a man who knows how to do nothing but talk a lot of nonsense, then subsequently eat those very words.

Rex Ryan provided two good years in New York. Other than that (as a head coach), he's done nothing but eat his words.

He's a side show. An attraction. Much like Donald Trump "running for president". It has entertainment value, sure. But at the end of the day, is Donald Trump a wise choice for the presidency of this country?!

Rex bolstered season ticket sales, terrific. But at the end of the day (and season), it was nothing more than hard working people's money being contributed to the same cause: Mediocrity!

I'm all for continuity, but not with this man.

Not for a guy who should be held accountable for his team committing an embarrassing amount of game costing, season breaking penalties in 2015, and a man who almost chuckles and smirks at the idea of a plan of correction in regards to this.

If this organization is ever going to be taken seriously not just by the media, but it's own fans ever again, it first needs to take itself seriously.

And that starts by the firing of Rex Ryan.

Will it happen? Probably not. The Pegulas stand to eat too much of his contracted salary.

But, its not as if they can't afford it. And the first thing they promised after they took over ownership from the Wilson family was a change in culture

A change we're still awaiting...16 years later...

We deserve better...

Edited by Buffalo Beeeews

16 years. Over a decade and a half of futility. How is this even possible in this day in age of free agency, salary caps etc.?

I've been a fan of this team since the mid 80s. And no, unlike a lot of hot headed fans on this day, I'm not going to make the mistake of saying I'm "turning in my fan card" or "I'm done".

It's easy to get caught up in the emotion of another lost season. I get it. But I, like so many of you, have been through a lot of heartbreak and letdown from this organization since that infamous last playoff game in Nashville in 1999.

I'm married to this team. They cannot possibly break my heart anymore. I'm unphased by anything this team does (or doesn't do, for that matter). And I couldn't possibly bring myself to route or follow another team in my lifetime.

Call it a glutten for punishment, or what have you, but I'm a Bills fan til the good lord calls my name.

However, I will say this: The Buffalo Bills are the biggest embarrassment in professional sports right now.

To me, you lost all credibility with your post with this line right here.

The Bills are embarrassing, but nobody outside of Buffalo cares so honestly not many people know about the playoff drought.

After the Bills' week 2 loss to the Patriots a friend of mine texted me from Boston - "It's not that I hate the Bills, I just never think of them."

To me, you lost all credibility with your post with this line right here.

We have the current longest playoff drought in the league in a day in age where parody get a team in every 5 or 6 years. 16!!! That's embarrassing! Its embarrassing when we've beaten a division rival 3 times since 2000! It ain't about credibility. These are facts!