Taylor executing the gameplan!

cover1

Why it worked...

I know I've been having a love fest for Roman's scheme and gameplans but he's legit. Early run downs the Bills wore Watt out by running left. So they moved him to the right. Unbalanced line w Glenn on the right. That brings the safety into the box to the twins side. Clay blocks down w Richie on Watt then gets to second level. Watt is already smoked from chasing on this 8 play drive. Taylor runs the zone read Wrap. The wrap is the FB leading from the weak side. Usually the FB will block the alley defender not the force player (olb) bc Simon is the read. Olb Simon caught in a bind. He hesitates and gives the slightest edge to Taylor. Beautifully designed play and execution. Cover1.net

yep.. thanks Cover1 for reminding me of this TD..

hope you don't mind, but i thought i'd add some pics (hope they can be viewed) so others might appreciate what you're describing.

this is the unbalanced line - along with twins right and our FB right -that got them rotating their safeties to that side - leaving SS Demps in their deep middle. i'm guessing if Demps hadn't rotated so far, he may have been Clay's target, and Cushing would have been your 'alley' defender for Felton - leaving Taylor to option Simon on the mesh with McCoy. just shows you how you can beat a team before the snap by knowing how they'll react to formations and motion.

post-9071-0-43638600-1449540820_thumb.jpg

this is Felton engaged 1:1 with their their SAM (Simon), Clay taking on their MIKE (Cushing, after chipping Watt). Demps is flat-footed in EZ - trying to find the ball.. now, i'm thinking Taylor was pleasantly surprised to find he had a FB lead on this ;), so he just ha to decide whether to cut it up, or race contain to the pylon.

post-9071-0-04166600-1449540820_thumb.jpg

looks like Felton finally found something to go after on the backside (maybe enough to keep the coach happy), as Taylor makes the play

post-9071-0-72779400-1449540819_thumb.jpg

if you didn't bring this play up, i woudn't have taken the time to look deeper at it.. and that's where you really get an appreciation for what goes into a play. thanks Cover1, i'm off to look up the Wrap play - should i start with the Ducks?